Deserves its own thread.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think it's different this time?
    I mean, this sort of thing happens all the time, but this does feel different.
    By "this sort of thing", the police kill a lot of innocent white people too although it does disproportionately affect black people.
    There is a race issue but there is also a police brutality issue and that's all wrapped up in an issue of police having to deal with a public who are largely armed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely the gun culture doesn't help, though our own police don't have that excuse and you still get incidents - and i agree it's not always racist, look at the manslaughter of Ian Tomlinson

but i think racism's still a big issue, not least in the way an complaints etc are handled

anyway i think it's great the way it's really taken off - for example all UK radio stations are off social media and some are broadcasting special material:

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2020/06/rad...ckout-tuesday/

also i love what this sheriff did: https://eu.freep.com/story/news/loca...rs/5299589002/

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get why music is taking this opportunity today to say....nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    By "this sort of thing", the police kill a lot of innocent white people too although it does disproportionately affect black people.
    There is a race issue but there is also a police brutality issue and that's all wrapped up in an issue of police having to deal with a public who are largely armed.
    It has been remarkable, but in hindsight entirely unsurprising, to see the difference in handling of the protestors who showed up armed vs the ones who didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Twice as many whites are killed by cops.

The disproportionate aspect comes from general stop and search, drug convictions - blacks are far more likely to be subject to these.

The race divide comes from the left and is cultivated by the left. Decades sowing racial division to lock-in a victim voter class. And they let those people down every time. Dementia Joe said it just the other day, you're not black if you don't vote for him. That's the default, arrogant assumption of the left.

Whatever the left accuses you of, that's what they are doing themselves.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Twice as many whites are killed by cops.
    There are more than twice as many white people in America than black people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s appalling that this sort of shit is still happening but I think it shows that racism will never, ever be eradicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    left man bad
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    There are more than twice as many white people in America than black people.
    For the time being.

The assumption being sown is that blacks are being gunned down all across America by police. Not true.

What IS true is that blacks are gunning blacks down all across America. Something like 10x the rate at which whites kill blacks. Whatever levels of racism genuinely exist, when you have violent communities that have been plunged into poverty and despair by a succession of divisive and destructive policies, the police are going to react differently than if they are policing a leafy suburb. This is obvious.
    Für eure Sicherheit