User Tag List

Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you so full of hate towards people you diagree with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    Maybe because he is disagreeable. Some people think only their opinions are valid. Which is the root of all conflicts
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    The BBC also ran stories that there was no evidence to support the claims Iraq had WMDs.
    Right. I don’t understand this obsession some people have about MSM Bad.
    There was a dossier which claimed there were WMDs.
    The BBC didn’t write it they simply reported about it, as did every other media outlet.
    And when the dossier was shown to be full of shut they reported on that too.
    The BBC didn’t make the case for war, they simply reported on what Blair was using as the case for war.
    They may have influenced opinion but not as much as The Sun’s
    “HE’S GOT ‘EM LET’S GET HIM” headline.

A source being mainstream doesn’t make it wrong and a source being fringe doesn’t make it right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Maybe because he is disagreeable. Some people think only their opinions are valid. Which is the root of all conflicts
    I agree.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    If I thought for a second that you were genuine and seeking answers and genuine discussion, I’d accommodate you.

Your posting style and behaviour over a period exceeding 10 years suggests very strongly you aren’t.

So I don’t.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The BBC didn’t write it they simply reported about it, as did every other media outlet.
    The BBC didn’t make the case for war, they simply reported on what Blair was using as the case for war.

A source being mainstream doesn’t make it wrong and a source being fringe doesn’t make it right.
    Again. You miss the point. Journalists are supposed to be seekers of truth. Not simply parroting what they have heard from government sources. The UN had an investigative team on the ground and found no WMDs despite being pointed here and there by US/UK sources. In the end the fact finding team were told to leave before the bombs came raining in. The decision had been made WMDs or no WMDs
    BBC et al are not interested in providing insight or balance. They know who is paying the salaries.

The BBC will say. "Government sources tell us that today 30th of June 2020 is a Wednesday. Now we cannot verify the governments position on this, but there is a small possibility that somewhere else in the world, today could in fact be Tuesday. and in other news........"
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 30-06-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Again. You miss the point. Journalists are supposed to be seekers of truth. Not simply parroting what they have heard from government sources. The UN had an investigative team on the ground and found no WMDs despite being pointed here and there by US/UK sources. In the end the fact finding team were told to leave before the bombs came raining in. The decision had been made WMDs or no WMDs
    BBC et al are not interested in providing insight or balance. They know who is paying the salaries
    The BBC also reported their activity and regularly reported on Hans Blix’s findings and provided a platform for a range of views.

The problem was that outside the principled opposition and resignation of Robin Cook, and the LibDems,there wasn’t any difference in views from the official Labour government position and the main opposition party.

It was a principle reason why I voted LibDem at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I thought for a second that you were genuine and seeking answers and genuine discussion, I’d accommodate you.

Your posting style and behaviour over a period exceeding 10 years suggests very strongly you aren’t.

So I don’t.
    I'm sorry you feel that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC also reported their activity and regularly reported on Hans Blix’s findings and provided a platform for a range of views.

The problem was that outside the principled opposition and resignation of Robin Cook, and the LibDems,there wasn’t any difference in views from the official Labour government position and the main opposition party.

It was a principle reason why I voted LibDem at the time.
    Cant argue with a lot of that. Blair is lower than a snake`s anus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

Here's a piece of propaganda from the Guardian that demonstrates how you are fooled.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...icsandthemedia

It starts off by citing the results of a study that actually deals in the BBC's biased pro-war stance. It then shifts the argument to speculation and excuses and finishes up by apologising for the BBC, as you are doing. And, as the study demonstrated, the BBC was worse than the Sun when it came to influencing opinion. In fact, the BBC was worst of all. This is no surprise at all to anyone who has followed the shameful record of the organisation.

There's also the issue of credulity. To actually report, with a straight face, some of the more outlandish government lies about that war is a failure of journalism and ethics in itself. It's the metaphorical shout of fire in a crowded theatre, backed by the excuse that you were merely shouting what some other bloke shouted. As if reporting happens on the spur of the moment and there is no opportunity to dig into the facts and discount claims that are beyond credulity, such as the outlandish and outrageous claim that Saddam's missile were a mere 45 minutes away from striking. Even a cursory knowledge of the situation, let alone the resources available to a news organisation, should raise every red flag. There's only one red flag at the BBC though.

I don't expect people to cease apologising for this rotten organisation. Once caught in the orbit of mainstream fantasy it is difficult to break free. But it is important that at least one person remains who understands how ridiculous and inconceivable the lies, omission and misdirection of the mainstream media has become. Happily, it's not just the odd "nut" who notices it now. Which is why trust in the media has plunged to record low levels across the western world.

Soon, the clever apologists will be in the minority, and we all know what happens then. They step up and cleverly claim, yeah we knew that all along. And they flip like a coin. The rest of us sigh but welcome them to reality nonetheless.
    Für eure Sicherheit