User Tag List

Page 61 of 89 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Lives Matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I call bullshit on black people being treated like criminals all the time in this country.
    Sure, 'all the time' was an exaggeration on my part, just shows it's a habit that's easily caught.

But there is some truth to it - we all saw how some cops used lockdown as an excuse for all kinds of fascist bahaviour, they pick the easy target, sometimes it's sunbathers, sometimes it's black people, none of it's right

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-53824404

Natasha Chilambo, 25, was one of eight black students to complain when a fellow student wore blackface as "a stereotypical, hyper-sexualised black man" in a 2016 play.

She felt "isolated" and "paranoid", one student attempted suicide and another could not attend lectures.

Because someone wore blackface in a play?! Really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that is how they apparently felt. Why does it bother you? Can’t you just concede that people like you, me and everyone else not from an ethnic background just do not understand the reality of people that are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Yes, that is how they apparently felt. Why does it bother you? Can’t you just concede that people like you, me and everyone else not from an ethnic background just do not understand the reality of people that are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't think that it's an over-reaction to what happened?

So if this was a story about a trans woman who was pre-op and wasn't being allowed to use female bathrooms and that offended them so much that they felt suicidal, you wouldn't think they were being a bit silly?
    If so then where's the difference? If you think my imagined scenario is different then explain how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if this was a story about a trans woman who was pre-op and wasn't being allowed to use female bathrooms and that offended them so much that they felt suicidal, you wouldn't think they were being a bit silly?
    If so then where's the difference? If you think my imagined scenario is different then explain how.
    STRAW MAN!, STRAW MAN!, STRAW MAN!...............
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An overreaction from my perspective sure. The point is I don’t understand either scenario because I’m not black nor am I a pre-op trans. I don’t know why these things trigger you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    STRAW MAN!, STRAW MAN!, STRAW MAN!...............
    Did you even read my last sentence?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know why these things trigger you.
    Because they feed into the culture we now live in where we have to increasingly tiptoe around not trying to offend people. Is that the kind of society we want to live in?
    Sure, we shouldn't go out of our way to offend people but when people go out of their way to be offended then I think we all have a collective responsibility to tell them to grow up and stop whining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.