User Tag List

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Citeh v Arsenal, Weds 17 June, 20.15 UK time, Sky Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Ps. Remember Ceefax and Teletext? I used to watch those pages for 90 minutes, hating having to wait while it cycled through all the lower league stuff and the Scots league, waiting for the 0 to flick to a 1.
    Yeah, and then someone would ask you if you wanted a cup of tea or something right at the crucial moment and you'd miss your page again - good times!

Did you ever try to sneak a few minutes on Clubcall when you got really desperate for news?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phone was on the wall in the kitchen. Very hard to get to without drawing attention. It was easier once everyone had gone to bed. Not that I would ever ring those kind of numbers.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ps. Remember Ceefax and Teletext? I used to watch those pages for 90 minutes, hating having to wait while it cycled through all the lower league stuff and the Scots league, waiting for the 0 to flick to a 1.
    Amazed you bothered, given the scores were provided by those fake-news stalwarts of mainstream media, the BBC and ITV - why not just get someone to make up the scores on the back of a fag packet for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Amazed you bothered, given the scores were provided by those fake-news stalwarts of mainstream media, the BBC and ITV - why not just get someone to make up the scores on the back of a fag packet for you?
    Mac, don't be a wanker. Don't get so silly about things.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac, don't be a wanker. Don't get so silly about things.
    Ha, broke him down at last

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Ha, broke him down at last
    No, I mean even in times of black votes matter, there's a limit.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can honestly say I’m not looking forward to any of this coming back. I was already in and out of love with the game but now fans won’t even be involved that’s pretty much killed it for the time being. There’s only so much you can consume of anything before it becomes a bit sickly and I don’t think football is any different. I’ll always be an Arsenal fan and I’ll never stop rooting for us, but the all encompassing coverage of the game, overpriced tv subscriptions, tickets, merchandise etc can do one.

Football is definitely an addiction and it does seem to create an unhealthy relationship with fans. I’m pretty sure in my early 20’s I was heading the way of the loopy fans you see on YouTube with how up and down I was with results. Thankfully I managed to take a couple of steps back and can now enjoy the highs when they do come and get on with my life like everyone should when the lows happen, because it’s not important and it really doesn’t matter in the slightest.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 09-06-2020 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Can honestly say I’m not looking forward to any of this coming back. I was already in and out of love with the game but now fans won’t even be involved that’s pretty much killed it for the time being. There’s only so much you can consume of anything before it becomes a bit sickly and I don’t think football is any different. I’ll always be an Arsenal fan and I’ll never stop rooting for us, but the all encompassing coverage of the game, overpriced tv subscriptions, tickets, merchandise etc can do one.

Football is definitely an addiction and it does seem to create an unhealthy relationship with fans. I’m pretty sure in my early 20’s I was heading the way of the loopy fans you see on YouTube with how up and down I was with results. Thankfully I managed to take a couple of steps back and can now enjoy the highs when they do come and get on with my life like everyone should when the lows happen, because it’s not important and it really doesn’t matter in the slightest.
    It's entirely artificial, isn't it? It's not part of the real flow of life. It used to be, for me, when it was just about me. I think football, and sport, is probably the most selfish thing you can engage in. When life is crying out for some input, we all say, don't bother me now, there's a vital, crucial, earth changing event happening in sport.

Hypnotised. Drugged,. Distracted.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just re-subscribed to Sky. £189+vat a month. Plus £10 for HD. Bargain.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Just re-subscribed to Sky. £189+vat a month. Plus £10 for HD. Bargain.
    You went for the woke deal? Smart move.
    Für eure Sicherheit