User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This is what you get when you pick someone without even 1 game managing. Joke of an appointment and proving that he's not equipped to be manager.
    But he's anyone

Anyway, more seriously. I think he's doing OK. It's depressing that we cannot compete in these games but that problem goes back years.
    He deserves a transfer window and a proper run at things next season IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn’t the appointment we needed, but then again, he isn’t responsible for the mess.

There are so many things wrong with Arsenal, in almost every area imaginable, I’m at a loss to know where to begin.

I genuinely hate what this Club has become. It is nothing more than a vehicle to enrich a select view individuals at the expense of people who built and supported this Club through generations.

It has been left rudderless and has done nothing but meander rather than innovate and grow since 2004. It has throughout that time alienated those who provided it with the most support while fleecing them and outright lying about its current reason for being and plans for the future.

It has degenerated so much, that anything positive will eventually end in tragedy. Aubamayang is the latest example. He flourished through his own work and is now way too good for this Club, he will be more potential unfulfilled for us.

Next up will be Leno.

The rot is almost complete.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    The manager came in to change things, we've been pretty average from day 1 of his time here, we should have been alarmed when he came out and said he wants to get the spirit back from when he was here in 2016 (why would anyone want to?), so far he's done precious little.

On top of that he's brought some shockers back into the fold and made them regulars, Xhaka, Mustafi and of course his insistence on playing Luiz at the back, not being funny but the guy has been a liability at the back for years, if you're to play him anywhere play him as a DM.

He's also playing Aubameyang, our best finisher on the wing.

Pretty shocking state of affairs really, his post match interview wasn't much better, didn't want to come down on his players and was defending Luiz, in fact he wanted the Arsenal board to give this chump a new contract.

What a mess, the way I see it he has to take blame too, nothing he's done since he arrived has made the slightest difference, we haven't move up the table, we were humbled in the EL and the style has got if anything more dull as we not struggle to create.

Should have never been appointed, was a mistake to take on a rookie all day long.
    I agree with all of this, Arteta's had three months to watch past performances and think about players, tactics etc but judging from last night he hadn't learnt a thing

if Auba had any doubts about leaving they will all be gone now, completely isolated last night on the left and while that's partly because Tierney was too busy defending to get forward, it still shows he's not being played where he should - I don't know what he must think at being passed over for CF in favour of an academy lad, promising or not.

tbh our best chance against Citeh was probably just pumping balls over the top with Auba at CF and hoping he got onto one of them, that might at least have got us one goal last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    He wasn’t the appointment we needed, but then again, he isn’t responsible for the mess.

There are so many things wrong with Arsenal, in almost every area imaginable, I’m at a loss to know where to begin.

I genuinely hate what this Club has become. It is nothing more than a vehicle to enrich a select view individuals at the expense of people who built and supported this Club through generations.

It has been left rudderless and has done nothing but meander rather than innovate and grow since 2004. It has throughout that time alienated those who provided it with the most support while fleecing them and outright lying about its current reason for being and plans for the future.

It has degenerated so much, that anything positive will eventually end in tragedy. Aubamayang is the latest example. He flourished through his own work and is now way too good for this Club, he will be more potential unfulfilled for us.

Next up will be Leno.

The rot is almost complete.
    Depressing, but accurate.

When I were a lad the club was well run, run by generations of people who really loved the club.
    Now we're a shambles, run by a businessman with no actual interest in the club. It's rotten to the core.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Depressing, but accurate.

When I were a lad the club was well run, run by generations of people who really loved the club.
    Now we're a shambles, run by a businessman with no actual interest in the club. It's rotten to the core.
    i still think the blame lies more with Raul and co than the Kroenkes - the Kroenkes are trusting them as supposedly football people to run the club properly but instead they're running it like their own little mafia, lining the pockets of their agent mates

I think Josh is maybe a little more savvy - note that apparently it was him that was against Emery being given a new contract when Raul wanted to

but i also suspect that he's so new to football that he can't really see the extent of the problem or know how to deal with it

we need to get rid of Raul and co in favour of people who run the club better - though i've no idea who those people are but maybe look at a well-run club like Sheffield Utd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recruitment has been mostly terrible for a number of years now. I mean, we’ve got a 70m player that hasn’t been trusted all season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We HAD a £70m player.

We don’t any more.

Which proves your point.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, we are less than the sum of our parts. I don't think our squad is that bad but we are not a good team.
    We are definitely not a top 4 team anymore. Honestly hand on heart think the likes of Leicester & Wolves are better than us now. They have better starting XI and better managers.

We are 7th-8th best team in PL IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    We HAD a £70m player.

We don’t any more.

Which proves your point.
    good point, what would we get for him now - half that?

he's been treated disgracefully, you can imagine what he was told about playing regularly, being a core part of the team etc when he agreed to come here, instead he's sidelined completely now

i've no doubt he's pissed off, and I've also no doubt that is being interpreted by Arteta as his being 'difficult' and like Emery, Arteta is probably trying to wave his small dick around to show who's boss

meanwhile the teachers' pets like Xhaka, Luiz and Mustafi can do no wrong in Arteta's eyes

it's all a total joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But he's anyone

Anyway, more seriously. I think he's doing OK. It's depressing that we cannot compete in these games but that problem goes back years.
    He deserves a transfer window and a proper run at things next season IMO.
    I'll be honest, I think he's doing a terrible job, wrong choice in the 1st place but I don't see an improvement, our attack has totally gone to pot under him and his lineups are questionnable, I just don't think he's much of a manager, he just came with hype and that's why he got the job, so far it's not justified at all, he doesn't look tactically astute, seems incapable of spotting weaknesses and isn't getting the team to perform, just shows that being assistant manager is pretty meaningless in terms of becoming a manager in your own right.

This guy should have started in some lower league somewhere, not come here, now we're stuck with him and his boring, predictable football, it's like Wenger all over again!

Of course it's not just him, it's the whole club from top to bottom, it's an embarrassment to big clubs.
    Last edited by Özim; 18-06-2020 at 11:04 AM.