User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    good point, what would we get for him now - half that?

he's been treated disgracefully, you can imagine what he was told about playing regularly, being a core part of the team etc when he agreed to come here, instead he's sidelined completely now

i've no doubt he's pissed off, and I've also no doubt that is being interpreted by Arteta as his being 'difficult' and like Emery, Arteta is probably trying to wave his small dick around to show who's boss

meanwhile the teachers' pets like Xhaka, Luiz and Mustafi can do no wrong in Arteta's eyes

it's all a total joke
    Pepe should be playing, we need to get the best out of him he cost us a lot, another error by Arteta in a long list of them, doesn't seem to be able to get the best out of anyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with all of this, Arteta's had three months to watch past performances and think about players, tactics etc but judging from last night he hadn't learnt a thing

if Auba had any doubts about leaving they will all be gone now, completely isolated last night on the left and while that's partly because Tierney was too busy defending to get forward, it still shows he's not being played where he should - I don't know what he must think at being passed over for CF in favour of an academy lad, promising or not.

tbh our best chance against Citeh was probably just pumping balls over the top with Auba at CF and hoping he got onto one of them, that might at least have got us one goal last night.
    To be honest it's a disgrace Auba wasn't up front last night, Nketiah may be promising but he hasn't done an awful lot and he should be on the wing if anyone, we created nothing yesterday. Like you say we should have been trying to get it to Aubameyang and hoped he put one or two away, was never going to happen with him on the wing and Nketiah up front.

I just don't believe in this guy, he's not made us any better and is doing so much wrong, why can't we get a manager with the common sense to play the right people in the right place? Hopefully Arteta doesn't last too long, once he goes we can only pray for a decent appointment, but that's probably too much for the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I'll be honest, I think he's doing a terrible job.
    Yes, but that's because you show repeatedly that you have no ability to think in anything other than binary terms.
    Players/Managers etc are either brilliant or they're terrible. Nothing in between.
    In real life, it's a bit more complicated.

I'm not sure he's the right choice, I agree there hasn't been huge improvement but he hasn't been here long and deserves a transfer window or two. I'd say next season is the real test for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why cant you let a thread take its natural course. You always jump in here trying to rile people up. Ozim has been right Wenger was a bust. Wenger is gone. Ozim also didnt fancy Arteta. Now we see that he might not be right for us. What part of that ticks you off so regularly? You are just miserable every day. We are here trying to analyse another miserable defeat and you as ever start off with your Wenger love jeremaid.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Yes, but that's because you show repeatedly that you have no ability to think in anything other than binary terms.
    Players/Managers etc are either brilliant or they're terrible. Nothing in between.
    In real life, it's a bit more complicated.

I'm not sure he's the right choice, I agree there hasn't been huge improvement but he hasn't been here long and deserves a transfer window or two. I'd say next season is the real test for him.
    It's not just that for me, it's how little impact he's had, even when he first arrived, when managers generally have players attention and tend to get better performances out of them for a while we saw precious little of that, the longer it goes the worse it gets, he's modelling himself on the Wenger that failed for years which doesn't bode well either.

Have we improved at all since he arrived? Have we moved up the table? Have we been doing better in other competitions? Has he been picking the right team?

On top of that the style of football is really dull again, the guy seems obsessed with bringing Wengerball (post 2005) mark II, noone is interested in that, maybe 10-15 years and Spains' heyday but not today. I just don't see what he can bring and to be honest I'd rather he didn't waste any money we do have in transfer windows, it's clear to me he's not the right man on many levels.

I'd rather we got rid now and found someone more progressive with a clearer plan and a better grasp on tactics and players abilities, as they say don't believe the hype, this guy is no Guardiola or Klopp and never will be.

For me if you want to get the fans onside, you need to do a few simple things right, firstly, pick the best team which he doesn't do. Secondly don't make a player who was disrepsectful to fans the 1st player on the teamsheet, especially when he's also very limited ability wise. Thirdly plays your best players in their best positions.

All very simple, Arteta doesn't seem to be able to do any of those. Auba's contract is also running down, if we have any chance of convincing him to play I would think not playing second fiddle to a kid is probably a good start, the decision to play Nketiah up front was ridiculous and probably won't help to convince Auba to stay with us.
    Last edited by Özim; 18-06-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Why cant you let a thread take its natural course. You always jump in here trying to rile people up. Ozim has been right Wenger was a bust. Wenger is gone. Ozim also didnt fancy Arteta. Now we see that he might not be right for us. What part of that ticks you off so regularly? You are just miserable every day. We are here trying to analyse another miserable defeat and you as ever start off with your Wenger love jeremaid.
    Letters has been NQ-ed - it's that simple

a shame but it's true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Letters has been NQ-ed - it's that simple

a shame but it's true
    Has he? Or is having a different opinion now officially a sign of abnormality into which all deviants are lumped?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Can I join the club now?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even watch this shit because, even if they weren't parading around with racist slogans on their shirts, who didn't know, down to the fine details, what was going to happen? It would be like watching a film twice, one directly after the last. Or in the case of Arsenal, watching it hundreds of times on a loop. Not what I call fun.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Have we improved at all since he arrived? Have we moved up the table? Have we been doing better in other competitions? Has he been picking the right team?
    Well, looking at the 16 games before he joined:
    W4 D7 L5
    vs Arteta's games:
    W8 D5 L3

It's been a bit better. We've moved up one place, we're a bit closer to the top 4 than we were. We're still in the FA Cup.
    Nothing earth-shattering, I agree.

I don't particularly disagree with what you're saying, but he only joined late last year, with the enforced gap he's only been in charge for 16 games which have been a bit of an improvement on what they were before. Agree about the boring football.

TL;DR - I wouldn't sack a manager after 16 games unless it was a real car crash, which it hasn't been. I'm not 100% convinced by him but while we certainly let Wenger stay too long, we don't want to go to the other extreme and sack a manager after 16 games because he hasn't magically turned a deeply dysfunctional team into world-beaters. He deserves a transfer window and a season to prove himself - or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Well, looking at the 16 games before he joined:
    W4 D7 L5
    vs Arteta's games:
    W8 D5 L3

It's been a bit better. We've moved up one place, we're a bit closer to the top 4 than we were. We're still in the FA Cup.
    Nothing earth-shattering, I agree.

I don't particularly disagree with what you're saying, but he only joined late last year, with the enforced gap he's only been in charge for 16 games which have been a bit of an improvement on what they were before. Agree about the boring football.

TL;DR - I wouldn't sack a manager after 16 games unless it was a real car crash, which it hasn't been. I'm not 100% convinced by him but while we certainly let Wenger stay too long, we don't want to go to the other extreme and sack a manager after 16 games because he hasn't magically turned a deeply dysfunctional team into world-beaters. He deserves a transfer window and a season to prove himself - or not.
    We only have to look at United and see what has happened to them since SAF left. plenty of money spent and plenty of managers. I see why people think it would be any different here especially as we were already on the way down whereas United somehow won the league with a relatively ordinary team and Van Persie.

I actually like the idea of playing some of the academy players. I am happy Ozil doesn't play and Luiz doesn't start. Perhaps Arteta is being encouraged to give these guys a go now because of the financial situation and that we might need to get rid of a few higher profile players. Perhaps this is the perfect time to build the team because we aren't going to get relegated and CL spot is very unlikely so what is so wrong with giving these players a go. Also we were away at City so even with our strongest team in the last decade we would still have got bashed. Arteta needs a full season.

Auba will have to go leave unfortunately for his own good as well if he wants to win titles.