User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Brighton (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Wenger Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted him out but now wish he had never gone. Please Please somebody who cares but out Kroenke.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yeah Wenger Out!
    “Anyone would be better than Wenger.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    “Anyone would be better than Wenger.”

We are yet to employ Mr Anyone. He would certainly be better than that has-been who couldnt find another job in real football.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    There isn’t a single ounce of chemistry or guile in this team at all. It’s a compete ramshackle outfit.

The worst Arsenal team for a generation without a doubt. I can’t identify with anything I see on the pitch anymore because it’s so far removed from everything Arsenal has stood for in the past.

I couldn’t tell you with any confidence where our next win is coming from.
    Basically agree with all that. What I don’t understand is how we got here.
    Some will inevitably blame Wenger and while this is still largely his squad, in his last season we finished 6th.
    Not sparkling but that was Wenger’s worst season (not bad for a manager who had been with us that long, IMO) and it was generally felt that a new manager would get more out of them.
    Emery didn’t hugely improve things but we still got 70 points and got to the Europa League final so I call bullshit on Wenger leaving us with this terrible squad. This year has been a complete car crash. We are now a proper mid table side in a way we never were under Wenger and we weren’t in Emery’s first season.
    How did we get here?
    This is the worst Arsenal side since the mid-90s and even then they had a bit of fight about them and could raise it enough for the odd cup game to win a few trophies.
    Cannot see how we dig ourselves out of this hole, Auba would be mad to stay and without him we are mid table through and through. We had to move on from Wenger and I never bought into the idea that any idiot would be an improvement but I’m somewhat baffled at how we’ve ended up this much worse. We haven’t exactly been frugal in the transfer market.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We are yet to employ Mr Anyone. He would certainly be better than that has-been who couldnt find another job in real football.
    Last I heard he had a pretty senior job at FIFA.
    But yeah, it’s odd how a 70 year old isn’t top of the list for clubs seeking a manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rodders View Post
    I wanted him out but now wish he had never gone. Please Please somebody who cares but out Kroenke.
    If he'd gone sooner i think we'd have got a better manager

And i'll say it again I blame Raul more than the Kroenkes, though they are at fault for letting a c**t like him destroy the club, they don't get it yet, but i hope they wake up soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    i dont understand the obsession with Auba`s position. He isnt chained to the left. Saka switched positions with him several times. Auba is no Henry. He is not even Alexis Sanchez. He will not be the game changer at Arsenal and he never was at any team before Arsenal. We need him and all the other wasters out of here and let Martinelli play there. We are shit with or without Auba so why spend another 300kpw on a player who cant win a game single handedly for us. We need to move on with this obsession with a players starting position.
    Auba's not a 'waster' - he's scored 17 goals this season. Without him we'd be in the bottom three probably. He did ok today but there's no strategy to make the best of him, each player just runs around doing their own thing, that's Arteta's fault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba would score 40 goals a season if he played for City or Liverpool. The fact he’s managed to score the amount he has in our dysfunctional team shows what a gem he is.

He’ll leave on a free, we’ll miss out on millions as usual and once again struggle to rebuild.

Ozil will still be here though, gracing us with an appearance once in a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    If he'd gone sooner i think we'd have got a better manager
    Do you mean that in the sense that other managers (like Klopp, say) were available but we missed the boat?
    Or do you mean that had we still been in the CL we’d have been able to attract a better class of manager?
    Disagree with the latter if that’s what you mean. Throw enough money at someone and I don’t think that would have been much of a factor.