User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Midweek Fixtures (23/24/25 June)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Pep fucked this season badly. After the injury to his main CB. He decided to use Fernandinho as his mainstay . A jumped up 5'10" ageing midfielder instead of using Stones. The number of mistakes Fernandinho has made in that position this season alone has led to many games being lost. No way Stones would have been such a calamity. But that's Pep. He has his favourites and that's what he does. Sterling too deserves an honorable mention too. He has been shit all season and cost them yesterday too. Beck to being the shite player that left Pool all those years ago. Just watch Pep allow Sane to leave while persisting with this dud.
    Even so, no one was going to stop Liverpool this year.
    City could have made a contest of it at least though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    You might be too young to remember how utterly hateful Liverpool were under Dalglish? Fuck, that was a team packed with absolute pricks from top to bottom. And they weren't nearly as good as Paisley's teams, but they strutted around the place anyway.
    Yeah before my time. My dad hates them though probably for the reasons you state.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm old enough in theory to remember them but didn't get into football till quite late so I don't remember them that well.
    What I will say is that successful teams are generally hated by non-fans of that team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember in 89 the 26th of May, I was at Butlins with family I went out wearing my Arsenal shirt (I was 14 at the time) walked past a overweight scouser who ridiculed me and laughed and said we had no chance. Later that evening when we had won and me and my friend were celebrating we see him he wasn't a happy chappie for some reason and told us both to fuck off... So gracious in defeat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    That was a Scouse Lives Matter rally. So safe. Not the same thing as going to the beach without so much as a by-your-leave.

You need to brush up on The Science.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Skysports have done a poll as to who is the greatest premiership winning teams Liverpool are currently in front....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well Skysports have done a poll as to who is the greatest premiership winning teams Liverpool are currently in front....
    7 games to spare and they could break all sorts of records. This is a team that has only lost 2 games over the course of 2 seasons, as it stands. They don’t have any obvious weaknesses, they can blow you away with goals or shut you out for a narrow win. CL winners on top of that.

How great they end up being considered probably depends on if they can win another title but they have to be in the conversation because what they’ve done over 2 seasons is about as comprehensive as it gets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whisper it quietly but as impressive as the Invincibles achievement was, you need a lot of luck to do what we did.
    Obviously we were a formidable side and that side from 2002-4 really should have won 3 titles back to back and probably a CL (Wenger )
    Amazing side but would they have won the league over this lot? Looking at their insane points total it's doubtful.
    That said, the PL is gash right now, I really don't think anyone else is much good. It is hard to compare across eras.