User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction v Norwich (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Özil's done here - he'll either sit on his contract or we'll agree to terminate early, but either way I don't see him playing another game for us. Arteta isn't bending on his 'non-negotiables' and I genuinely don't think Özil has the motivation to respond - he knows he gets paid either way, and he knows he can walk into an easy retirement in Turkey whenever he wants, even if he doesn't play for a year...
    We can’t move on until he’s gone. Every second he’s here and not playing is just haemorrhaging the club money it could put to much more effective use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We can’t move on until he’s gone. Every second he’s here and not playing is just haemorrhaging the club money it could put to much more effective use.
    Sends a shocking message to the rest of the players too, every time we recall him because of injuries and suspensions. Just look at the pitiful attempt to oust him and Mustafi last summer - within a few weeks both players were back in the side. Made Emery look weak as fuck, and the players knew they could walk all over him at that point. What are the younger players meant to think when they see that going on?

Really glad Arteta's sticking to his guns on this (and not just with Özil) - it might cost us being able to pick our "best" players in a lot of games, but this marker needs to be layed down, otherwise we're going nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gunner View Post
    How is Martinez playing?
    I like him, he has an air of confidence and calmness about him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I like him, he has an air of confidence and calmness about him.
    Great goalie, glad he's getting a runout