User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 10 of 267 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Do you mean doctors and scientists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wengerbabies View Post
    <silly image>
    Right. So as you have shown, you can provide a source which will basically back up any viewpoint on the internet.
    My understanding is if used properly (and I agree that's a big if) they can help in certain situations.
    Personally I don't wear one when I'm out and about, I can see why in confined spaces they could help.
    They're not to protect you, they're to protect other people if you cough or sneeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other people, wearing a mask in enclosed spaces are protecting you.

Those deciding not to wear a mask to make a political point are selfish cockwombles.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Right. So as you have shown, you can provide a source which will basically back up any viewpoint on the internet.
    My understanding is if used properly (and I agree that's a big if) they can help in certain situations.
    Personally I don't wear one when I'm out and about, I can see why in confined spaces they could help.
    They're not to protect you, they're to protect other people if you cough or sneeze.
    That's the point though it's (especially in the US) has become highly political when there is no real consensus either way, if Trump had worn one from the beginning, you can bet your bottom dollar they'd have attacked him for that.

FAKE NEWS IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE

Those deciding not to wear a mask to make a political point are selfish cockwombles.
    My body my choice.

Talk is they may become mandatory here BoJo "looking at enforcement options" when they weren't mandatory during the height of the spread. Logic, not even once.

When I've been shopping the vast majority aren't wearing masks and I'll be dammed if the government is going to dictate another facet of my life.

Its a compliance test.

I may or may not wear one on occasion but it should be solely up to me to decide.

That's aside from the fact that they project weakness and submission.

Would also be a crime to hide my beautiful face tbh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we're are to wear facemasks months into the pandemic like wearing a condom after she's fell pregnent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen that comparison before and it doesn't really work. It's more like it should stop fewer people becoming pregnant in future.
    Although I agree that like lots of measures they've taken, it's a bit late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about those not wearing a mask, especially a homemade one, because they understand the science and can judge the risks? If I went into a care home I'd wear a mask. If I was exhibiting symptoms I'd wear a mask in enclosed spaces. Otherwise no. For the same reason I wouldn't wear fishing waders, it's inappropriate and of no use. All this nonsense about the risk of asymptomatic contagion, calculate the numbers. There's close of a 100% chance of the virus having no effect on you if you catch it and are outside one of the risk groups. You then need to run into somebody with the virus and become infected with a sufficient viral load. I don't know what the chances of that are, but it can't be higher than a few percentage points. You then need to suffer your immune system (we still have one, for the "scientists" who have forgotten) failing to cope with the infection. Multiply all those probabilities and you kind of look dumb wandering around in a mask, let alone wearing a mask outside which some people are doing for some unfathomable reason.

Then there's personal choice. If granny wants to go down to the supermarket then that's her choice, not mine. If I wanted to go into a care home while infected and spread the disease around then you could point a finger and call it shitty and selfish. But I know the risks when I go down to the supermarket or walk on the street (zero risk or as close to as makes no odds) and I assume others know the risk for themselves. If you are in a high risk group then take sensible precautions. If you aren't then go and live your life and stop being terrified by these flip-flopping bastards posing as competent authorities. Haven't they done enough by now to prove to you they haven't a clue and are making it up as they go?

I wore a mask at the start because the risk was unquantified. Now I won't wear one under any circumstances beyond those mentioned because I know there's no need. The old, proper science explains why, despite the new, political science stating something different every other day.

And anyone who doesn't like it can fuck themselves. Worry about your own life and leave me to deal with mine thanks.

Btw - does anyone know anybody who has actually caught this thing, or got sick from it, or died from it. To this day I still haven't personally experienced a single case. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe this thing has been somewhat overblown. I wonder which it is?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not had anyone diectly connected to me but a few people I know have lost loved one's but they did also have ongoing health conditions, I had someone come round the other week to look at my gas boiler we got chatting and she told me her uncle had sepsis of the Kidney but when he passed away they put it down to Covid-19, His family asked for a private autopsy and they found he didn't have Covid-19 and it was sepsis that killed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

Btw - does anyone know anybody who has actually caught this thing, or got sick from it, or died from it. To this day I still haven't personally experienced a single case. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe this thing has been somewhat overblown. I wonder which it is?
    I have a good friend who was really down with it though not quite at the hospital stage

also a relative had it too, symptoms were milder but it was Covid

and my accountant had it too, about the same as my mate

most of my friends that i've asked have known one or two people with it but not many