User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 142 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2667

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it really ridiculous to think that after 4 years of a lying narcissist in the White House people just got sick of him?

This really isn’t difficult to understand. For months Trump was trying to discredit mail in voting and urge his supporters to vote in person. Democrats were actively encouraging their supporters to vote by mail.
    So on the night the results were always going to be skewed towards Trump. Then as the postal votes were counted Biden started catching up and in some states overtook Trump. It was known before the election that the on the day voting wasn’t going to represent the true picture. In some states where the postal votes are processed first the exact opposite happened, Biden had a big initial lead but then when the on the day votes were counted Trump caught up and overtook him. Weirdly, Trump isn’t complaining about those states...

Trump has a narcissistic personality disorder. He is unable to admit to himself that he lost. Especially when it was by a landslide (he called 306 electoral college votes a landslide last time out) to someone he said was such a weak candidate in that he’d easily beat him. He’s spent years grooming his supporters to hate losers and that’s exactly what he’s become. So he has to reframe that, of course he can’t have lost, it must have been stolen from him. It’s what young children do, most grow out of it.

Only problem is...there’s no compelling evidence that the election was stolen. Trump’s supporters have hopped from one conspiracy theory to the next. And as each one is easily debunked they don’t even acknowledge it, they just move on to the next one. This is how conspiracy theories work. Any scraps of evidence, no matter how weak or lacking credibility they are, are seized upon excitedly. The landslide of evidence showing the conspiracy to be false is simply dismissed, called fake or declared part of the conspiracy.

Ultimately I’d suggest the courts are a better arbiter than Twitter or YouTubers or some drunk woman’s ramblings. Time after time Trump’s team are either withdrawing their case completely or they’re getting into court and not even alleging fraud. Because when you get into court and you’re under oath there are consequences for lying. The judges HAVE looked at the affidavits and found them wanting.

I’ve yet to see any reasonable explanation as to why the Dems would steal the presidential election but not steal the senate one which was on the same ballots. This election result was a repudiation of Trump, his endless lies and mishandling of the pandemic, the Republican Party actually did pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    How should I map out my version of he story?

Which crackpot theory should I respond to? Should I respond to Guilliani in the parking lot? Long Island Ice Tea girl? Or the myriad of unsubstantiated claims you post?

There was an election. That was subject to meticulous oversight, the likes of which were never seen before.

Joe Biden received significantly more votes. And that was despite the efforts made to ensure it was more difficult to vote for him.
    I don't know which crackpot theory, you choose. Choose from a long list. You can make obviously false claims about meticulous elections and voter suppression that occurred during a safeguard removed ballot snowstorm. But that's not going to sell to anyone who reads beyond the pleadings from the mainstream media.

I mean, give me the story of how Biden went from the lifelong hack, dragging along the primary basement floor, to the guy who defiled all the odds by losing every race that counted, hanging by fingernails at the edge of an election rout, only to spring back to life in the dead of night, in notoriously corrupt leftist districts, with record breaking turnarounds and never seen volumes and percentages and ratios. It's the ultimate comeback, beating Rocky by a comfortable mile. I'd like to hear the exciting details, rather than "Count all the votes - no evidence of fraud." Heard that loads of times now, but I'd like to get the inside baseball on this improbable triumph. The ultimate Cinderella story, right? A fairy tale that everyone can believe in, or else.

And then tell me why you need to believe it so badly. And you could ask the same of me, but then again your team cheated as the evidence shows and the courts might just prove. So your belief needs to stretch a whole lot further. My belief has an easy remedy - signature audit. Your's requires a little more to bring home, right? The odd miracle here, the incredible coincidence there, the odd astounding outcome everywhere it was needed. All in the dead of night, with the doors locked. And the cameras off (or the ones you knew about anyway). That's the amazing story I'd like you to recount (no pun).
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy - the more voters were concerned they might get Trump again, the more they turned up

We've had plenty of elections here that the pollsters got wrong - and the experts were saying this one could go either way

You claim to be concerned about democracy, but would you be losing any sleep if Trump had won and the Biden camp were making exactly the same accusations?

No, you wouldn't, we all know you'd be telling the 'lefties' to go away and be quiet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It's easy - the more voters were concerned they might get Trump again, the more they turned up

We've had plenty of elections here that the pollsters got wrong - and the experts were saying this one could go either way

You claim to be concerned about democracy, but would you be losing any sleep if Trump had won and the Biden camp were making exactly the same accusations?

No, you wouldn't, we all know you'd be telling the 'lefties' to go away and be quiet
    I'd be laughing at Trump if he'd needed to cheat to that degree to beat Biden and Harris. I get, from your response, you know it was rigged but you are okay with that because you believe the other side would have done the same? That's more honest than most.

I'm not at all concerned about democracy. I loathe the whole concept of it. I'm concerned that certain types who enforce democracy on me, and all the dreadful outcomes that result, are not obeying the rules they demand I obey. If I'm prepared to stick to the rules then so should they.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'd be laughing at Trump if he'd needed to cheat to that degree to beat Biden and Harris. I get, from your response, you know it was rigged but you are okay with that because you believe the other side would have done the same? That's more honest than most.

I'm not at all concerned about democracy. I loathe the whole concept of it. I'm concerned that certain types who enforce democracy on me, and all the dreadful outcomes that result, are not obeying the rules they demand I obey. If I'm prepared to stick to the rules then so should they.
    I'm not for a minute saying anything was rigged, it wasn't

And 5G doesn cause coronavirus

And Bill gates isn't the devil

And there are no lizard people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given that Trump is now taking to ringing several governors, such as the one in Georgia, asking them to convince their legislators to ignore the election and choose their own winner, i think thats a clear sign that the “evidence” the trump campaign claim they have, does not exist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Given that Trump is now taking to ringing several governors, such as the one in Georgia, asking them to convince their legislators to ignore the election and choose their own winner, i think thats a clear sign that the “evidence” the trump campaign claim they have, does not exist.
    Does that mean you haven't managed to review any of the evidence that most certainly does exist? Just because the media keeps on with the no evidence line doesn't make it factual. But even if it didn't exist, there are several possible strategies to securing the win, some that can be effective in their own right and some that may be required in combination with others. It's prudent to use every strategy. The governor and state officials in Georgia are busy covering their own arses right now because their election process is coming under intensive scrutiny, not with the lower courts that are anxious to bat everything away, but with the Republican voters in the state who are deciding whether to even support the party should the party not stand firmly behind Trump.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Does that mean you haven't managed to review any of the evidence that most certainly does exist?
    See. The trouble is your ability to assess evidence - and yes, it does exist - is undermined by your bias. We all have some bias of course but you repeatedly show that yours renders you unable to objectively assess evidence. The USPS incident is a good example. I looked into that in some detail and found that all your claims about that were simply false. And what was your response? Well, there wasn’t one really. You just got a bit cross that I’d bothered to look into it.
    This lack of introspection also hampers your ability to discern truth.
    Unfortunately this is also combined with a dose of the Dunning Krugers where you massively overestimate your ability in this area.

their election process is coming under intensive scrutiny, not with the lower courts that are anxious to bat everything away
    QED. Perfect example of what I’m talking about.
    There’s so much evidence of fraud, it’s obvious the election is stolen.
    ...But when this stuff is failing over and over again in court there’s not a flicker of doubt in your mind. It can’t be that the evidence is shoddy. No, it must be that the courts being “anxious to bat things away”. You’ve alternately suggested they’re not even looking at the evidence despite literally being shown a video of a judge talking about how nonsensical the affidavits are.

Dude, try some introspection.

Try considering that the reason this stuff is failing in court is because the quality of evidence is so poor. In many cases when they’re getting into court they’re not even claiming fraud because when you’re under oath there are actual consequences for lying.

Try considering that the Republicans actually did well in the Senate election which was on the same ballots as the Presidential ones. I note you continue to fail to come up with any plausible reason why the Dastardly Dems would fix one part of the election but not the other.

You might want to consider the things you got wrong about Corona while we are here.
    You confidently predicted the army would be on the streets, that there would be curfews.
    Now, there’s nothing wrong with getting predictions incorrect of course, none of us have a crystal ball. But the weird thing is you have a rock solid confidence in your ability to discern these things and look down on us poor “low information” saps and our lack of understanding despite getting these things demonstrably wrong.

Try some introspection.

People who disagree with you aren’t all dishonest or have nefarious motives, dude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paedo Rudy has the Trump Virus
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alito moves up date for PA response to 8th Dec. It's like a complex lock slowly being unpicked. And the left hasn't pulled its boots on yet because they have spent their whole time plugging the no-evidence bullshit and trying to run the clock.

GA edging towards a signature audit. AZ could go the same way.

This path does not require 270 electoral college votes for Trump, instead it is designed to deny 270 votes for Biden.
    Für eure Sicherheit