User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 147 of 267 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2667

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's loads of "evidence", but you could say that about ghosts
    18% of Americans believe they've seen one according to this:
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...-seen-a-ghost/
    I'm sure you can find different numbers depending on the poll you look at, but even if it's 1%, that's still 3 million people in the US.
    So...ghosts exist, right? 3 million people can't be wrong...

End of the day, none of this evidence is standing up in court. You can shout "fraud, fraud, fraud" as loud as you like in public or on Twitter.
    When you get into court you need to provide credible evidence. Time after time they are failing to do that. That's not my opinion, I think they're up to 50 cases and have lost all but 1.
    The 1 they did win was nothing to do with fraud.

So...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always best to wait till the court process has exhausted before screaming victory. Thats what i think anyway. This is the classic "whataboutism that you are always jumping up and down about. Stick to the topic pls.

Do you have any evidence that the Sun is actually hot or is is based on belief. You need to go there with a thermometer.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 09-12-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Watch Viva Frei a lot. Probbly talks the most sense on Youtube.

Just wait for the usual hounds to come out screaming..."Wheres the evidence. Show me some evidence"
    Kelly was not denied, btw. It was the plea for an injunction that was denied but the case itself is still active. Parked behind Texas I guess. SCOTUS clearing the schedule. The court has required the 4 defendants to reply by 3PM (US) Thursday. Then we'll know pretty quickly given the certification deadlines.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not claiming victory, I'm just stating the numbers. Trump's team have filed 50 cases so far.
    They've won 1. And the one they won was nothing to do with fraud.
    At some point the two thoughts that "there's so much evidence of fraud" and "they keep losing in court" should collide in your brain.
    How do you reconcile those two things?

Watch Viva Frei a lot. Probbly talks the most sense on Youtube.
    By that you mean he says things which you agree with and fit your world view.

And that's not a dig, we are all prone to this sort of thing. All we can do is try and be aware of it and look at different sides of an argument.
    It's weird that NQ posted that video above - I mean, it's good that he's shown his sources for once. But what's weird about it is how he dismisses any source or video he doesn't like as "spam" or "propaganda" but that video, that's the truth. Because it fits his world view.

And yes, yes. that dude is a lawyer. I've previously provided a video from a different lawyer explaining why all this stuff is failing so badly in court.

Much of that video is him explaining parts of the case which don't even allege fraud. There's the bit about the "one in a quadrillion" chance of Biden winning. I looked into that and it seems the source of that hasn't been given yet. When it does I'd be interested to look into the reasoning. Until then it's just a number which has been seemingly plucked out of the air, what am I supposed to do with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you understand law. You would realise that you can lose 10 lower court rulings as long as you appeal higher and get heard. Trump may or not get his day in court. But just as it was in 2000 with Gore. The SCOTUS will determine the winner.

If you watch the video in question and his back catalogue it is not a matter of world view. My world view is justice for all men equally. He opines on all topics. The election is just the most recent and topical

BTW, belief in ghosts is on the same metaphysical level as belief in God...except that some people swear that they have seen a ghost. God....not that many
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 09-12-2020 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ain't black if you don't vote for Biden. And Kanye is black, so... rack one up for Joe!
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you understand law. You would realise that you can lose 10 lower court rulings as long as you appeal higher and get heard.
    Sure. But when you've had 50 cases and only won 1, it doesn't build much confidence that the level of evidence is as good as Trump et al are claiming.

Trump may or not get his day in court. But just as it was in 2000 with Gore. The SCOTUS will determine the winner.
    Right. But in 2000 it was a genuinely close election which came down to one State where the difference was in the hundreds of votes.
    In order for Trump to win this one he's going to have to demonstrate there was widespread fraud in multiple states all of which he lost by a fairly significant margin.
    The only one which was close was Georgia, close enough to trigger a by hand recount which didn't reveal any discrepancies.
    Trump's team have also paid for recounts in other places which found no issues either.
    You've got Barr saying there's no evidence been found of widespread fraud and judges throwing the cases out left, right and centre, so...

My point about ghosts was simply that a lot of people claiming something doesn't make it true.
    You've got a POTUS whipping up people to believe that the election was stolen from him so of course a lot of people are coming forward making claims. Ultimately when those claims are being tested in court they're falling flat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Sure. But when you've had 50 cases and only won 1, it doesn't build much confidence that the level of evidence is as good as Trump et al are claiming.

Right. But in 2000 it was a genuinely close election which came down to one State where the difference was in the hundreds of votes.
    In order for Trump to win this one he's going to have to demonstrate there was widespread fraud in multiple states all of which he lost by a fairly significant margin.
    The only one which was close was Georgia, close enough to trigger a by hand recount which didn't reveal any discrepancies.
    Trump's team have also paid for recounts in other places which found no issues either.
    You've got Barr saying there's no evidence been found of widespread fraud and judges throwing the cases out left, right and centre, so...

My point about ghosts was simply that a lot of people claiming something doesn't make it true.
    You've got a POTUS whipping up people to believe that the election was stolen from him so of course a lot of people are coming forward making claims. Ultimately when those claims are being tested in court they're falling flat.
    You keep going round in circles. The only court that matters is the SCOTUS. Why isnt that enough for you?. I get it you always need to be seen winning the argument. Just wait for the SCOTUS verdict and maybe, just maybe you can turn out the bunting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not disputing the SCOTUS has the final say, I'm just explaining why I find it unlikely they'll do what Trump wants.
    I may be wrong of course, we'll see.
    I threw out the St Totteringham's Day bunting ages ago so I'll have to get some new stuff.