User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 180 of 267 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2667

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I suspect most world leaders will breath a sigh of relief at Trump going. It was almost impossible to predict how he would react to anything so negotiating was not easy, especially as he would just lie if he didnt like it.

There is a story by Bob Woodward where Trump met the Aussie PM in Hamburg at a G20 summit and agreed to exempt the Aussies from his steel tariffs. A year later, the PM was visiting Washington & Trump and his advisers reminded Trump of his agreement made at Hamburg and that Turnball would bring it up with him. Trump just said “I’ll deny i ever made any agreement” even though there were witnesses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I suspect most world leaders will breath a sigh of relief at Trump going. It was almost impossible to predict how he would react to anything so negotiating was not easy, especially as he would just lie if he didnt like it.

There is a story by Bob Woodward where Trump met the Aussie PM in Hamburg at a G20 summit and agreed to exempt the Aussies from his steel tariffs. A year later, the PM was visiting Washington & Trump and his advisers reminded Trump of his agreement made at Hamburg and that Turnball would bring it up with him. Trump just said “I’ll deny i ever made any agreement” even though there were witnesses
    You talked about the golf book, I saw this interview some time ago about that book

It reveals a lot about his psychology. It's just so strange. Obviously politicians lying isn't an unusual thing but the way he lies is odd.
    Most politicians will lie by omission or by twisting the truth. Trump lies like a child lies - just blatantly lying about things which are obviously and demonstrably false. And it's mostly for self-aggrandisement, like the inauguration crowd size. You just had to look at the photos to see that his claims about that weren't true but he just repeats the lie. Just a silly, pointless lie because he has to think himself as the best at everything - it's a common phrasing he uses "I know the most about..." or "I'm the best at...".
    Another common thing he does is to just deny the reality of a situation. He was recently spoken to by a panel of people dealing with the California wild fires who raised concerns about climate change to which he just said "it'll get cooler". I mean, maybe it will but he's not exactly an expert on climate science. It's like how he denied the reality of the Covid situation "we have 15 cases and it'll go down to 0", "it'll go away, like a miracle".
    I've never known anyone like it in a position of power like this. I just hope tomorrow passes without incident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    You talked about the golf book, I saw this interview some time ago about that book

It reveals a lot about his psychology. It's just so strange. Obviously politicians lying isn't an unusual thing but the way he lies is odd.
    Most politicians will lie by omission or by twisting the truth. Trump lies like a child lies - just blatantly lying about things which are obviously and demonstrably false. And it's mostly for self-aggrandisement, like the inauguration crowd size. You just had to look at the photos to see that his claims about that weren't true but he just repeats the lie. Just a silly, pointless lie because he has to think himself as the best at everything - it's a common phrasing he uses "I know the most about..." or "I'm the best at...".
    Another common thing he does is to just deny the reality of a situation. He was recently spoken to by a panel of people dealing with the California wild fires who raised concerns about climate change to which he just said "it'll get cooler". I mean, maybe it will but he's not exactly an expert on climate science. It's like how he denied the reality of the Covid situation "we have 15 cases and it'll go down to 0", "it'll go away, like a miracle".
    I've never known anyone like it in a position of power like this. I just hope tomorrow passes without incident.
    The book is well worth a read.

You mention trump’s views on climate change above, the book reveals that he is sueing in Ireland so that he can be allowed to build a wall on the coast to protect his golf course from rising sea levels

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuckle. Big fan of this guy. He’s a glorified busker in NY. Mate was working out there and when I visited he took me to one of his concerts. He mostly busks in Central Park.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)