User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 236 of 267 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2667

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    This.

No one voted for Biden.

They voted against Trump.

Sanity prevailed.
    Sanity?

It's easy enough to use that word when bombs aren't falling on you. It's easy enough if you can still afford (in monetary terms) dignity. Many can't. Not any more.

Weird that the ultimate bad guy Trump couldn't manage to collapse a nation to the levels of "sanity" you now see before you.

Or maybe I'm getting it wrong. Maybe things are so much better now.

Maybe you can list the improvements? Show us how sanity prevailed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Sanity?

It's easy enough to use that word when bombs aren't falling on you. It's easy enough if you can still afford (in monetary terms) dignity. Many can't. Not any more.

Weird that the ultimate bad guy Trump couldn't manage to collapse a nation to the levels of "sanity" you now see before you.

Or maybe I'm getting it wrong. Maybe things are so much better now.

Maybe you can list the improvements? Show us how sanity prevailed.
    The main improvement here is Trump isn't in charge anymore, tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mandela8 View Post
    The main improvement here is Trump isn't in charge anymore, tbh
    Like I said.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said.
    < sigh >

There's literally no point engaging with 'free thinkers' like yourself who are only capable of absorbing anything that confirms your bias...but I'm doing fuck all anyway.

Personally, the biggest personal impact was his 'tax cut' which was actually merely deferred tax that had to be paid at tax submission. Disgraceful and deceitful. In reality, the only beneficiaries were the super rich and corporations. And this was done by incurring more debt at a monumental rate...when debt reduction was something he ran on and had criticized Obama and others for.

Then there were his policies on the environment and foreign affairs. Not to mention his domestic encouragement of his frothing at the mouth lunatic fringe 'free thinkers'.

His attack on the affordable care act.

His profiteering syphoning money to his properties for 'Presidential activiites'.

But more than all that, he just made America a laughing stock. No normal, intelligent person sees Trump as anything other than a retards. Seeing and hearing him compulsively lie every. Single. Day was just utterly draining and since he left office, with his circus (with idiots like Gulliani, Bannon, etc al) there has been a tangible reduction in the rhetoric, aggressiveness and confrontation.

Like I said, my wife has never voted. The Democrats and Republicans have always been two cheeks of the same arse with no discernable difference...but, by fuck, she bounced out to the mailbox to post her ballot. Not for Biden. But against Trump. Just like millions up on millions of others did. Because Trump is a cunt. And so is anyone who doesnt acknowledge that.
    Last edited by mandela8; 17-08-2022 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hating on Trump is the lodestone of the current zeitgeist. Its how you prove to your fellow travellers that you are "in da club" and on the mainstream. Its a safe place where you can be sure of backup. It also robs you of personal responsibility it it all goes crapper". Tell me what Trumps crimes are?.....He lies, he lies all the time they will say...nothing more. His crimes are endless, but will not list one

Have any of his lies led to a fake based invasion of a country and the destruction of millions of lives as those of Bush, Blair, Obama? Please tell me
    Did he lie and tell me that 2 airplanes knocked down 3 skyscrapers each into its own footprint?

His major crime is that he gummed up the works, wasnt part of the programme and his instincts were all going against the grain. Sure he is none too bright, a neophyte in politics and was easily conned into appointing some of the worst assholes into key positions in his administration, but that was all because he was green in politics and is easily manoeuvred by stroking his ego

Trumps major crime is that he wont go along with the programme. It was her Heinousness` turn in 2016. Thats what the system wanted, that's what both parties...and those behind the facade wanted. This current skirmish between Russia and Ukraine was supposed to take place in 2017 after Hillary had been crowned. Mainly because Obama didnt want the world to end under his watch and Hillary of course is up for Armageddon, she likes death and misery. The plan is to break up Russia and then surround China and break them up too.

They want Russia's resources and China`s industries and nothing for you. For you and your kin they want sacrifice and for them everything else. Yet here you are cheering your own destruction agenda like Chickens clapping for the opening of a new battery.

They really believed this plan would work, that Russia would crumble and Putin would do the perp walk. Xi would plead for negotiations that would result in demon-cracy and the Yugoslavia solution for China

At least when the hydrogen bombs are blowing up next to you, you can have the warm feeling that Trump wasn't in charge when it happened.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 18-08-2022 at 08:01 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not gonna lie, this has been disappointing

Lot less acrimony than I hoped for

Lots of talking past each other that I knew to expect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've given no examples, except a single opinion I expressed which was only partially evident at the time
    Bull. Shit. You outlined very confidently this whole spiel about what was going to happen. None of it did.
    In fact, the exact opposite happened.

I'd challenge you to provide a single example where my information was at fault.
    As well as the stuff about Covid - vaccines, the restrictions, etc - there's all your stuff about election fraud which has been tested multiple times in court.
    There's your denial about climate change when records are being broken left, right and centre.

If you want a specific example there's the interview that postal worker gave to those agents in the wake of the election. Remember that? You made a load of claims about that and urged people to listen to the recording. So I did and found all your claims about it simply weren't true. You said listening to it would reveal "the sort of people we are dealing with" when in fact it was a perfectly cordial exchange. You said the recording was made secretly when in fact he told them he was recording, when he did so they raised no objection and they allowed him to continue recording. You said he claimed election fraud when in fact he didn't. You said they tried to get him to change his story when in fact they simply read the statement he'd previously given - collected by an organisation with a clear agenda who massively overstated what he heard and saw - and he agreed he couldn't stand by it. And so on.
    I went into it all in some detail at the time and your response was merely to grumble that I'd listened to it

Your underlying problem is your deep suspicion of authority. In the above example the agents were "the authority" and that seemed to render you unable to listen to the recording objectively.
    Maybe it's part of your issue with me - you made a ridiculous fuss when I moved some of your posts ages ago, declared it "censorship" when I merely moved the posts, I didn't edit any of them much less delete anything.
    You then accused me of deliberately misrepresenting you by making up a thread title (which you have to if you create a new thread to put posts in). I offered you multiple opportunities to suggest a title and you refused, so...

If there's a mainstream narrative then your default is it must be wrong because it's mainstream. You say you like verifiable facts - those are hard to come by these days. How do you really verify anything? I mean, when the BBC were reporting the Covid situation was getting grim in India I do have colleagues out there I can ask, so I did, and they verified that yeah, things were getting bad. So I knew the BBC weren't just making stuff up for the lolz. So you can do your best, but when it comes to climate science or vaccines - I'm not an expert in these things and neither are you. Best we can do is read but we aren't "doing our own research", we don't have the ability to.
    And you know that we can both sit here all day and find sources online which back up what we want to believe. That's the issue these days. What is true? With Covid, I've relayed my conversation with an ICU doctor, so I know what his experience was. With climate change, I know the climate has changed in my lifetime. It's very easy to fall into the trap of only reading sources we agree with and which reinforce our worldview. Best we can do is read a range of sources and map that to what we see going on around us.

I've outlined my issue with Trump. Mandela has listed some things which Trump did which I agree were negative. You don't get to claim 20:20 foresight because you thought Biden would make decisions which killed people. Every president does that and no-one on here thought Biden was a good option. Trump won the election in part because of an "anyone but Clinton" sentiment. Biden won because after 4 years there was a strong "anyone but Trump" sentiment. And his actions since the election have rammed home why he shouldn't be in power, he all but tore the country apart because of his narcissism and his utter inability to accept he could have lost. Trump might not have started any wars - so yeah, he does get some points for that, I'm not saying everything he did was bad - but he did botch the Covid response, repeatedly denying it was a problem, downplaying it, saying they had it all under control, saying that it would all disappear. And that did cost lives. All politicians lie but I'd rather have someone in power who has some vague grasp of what the actual truth is. Trump doesn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Tell me what Trumps crimes are?.....He lies, he lies all the time they will say...nothing more. His crimes are endless, but will not list one
    Did you not see mandela's post, literally above yours? And in mine I've added his response to Covid, a lot of people died because of his inaction and repeated claims it was all under control and would all go away.
    It's not that he lies, all politicians do that. He attacks the concept of truth itself. His whole schtick is that HE is the truth - ironic, as he wouldn't know the truth if it smacked him round the chops. The people who are attacking him - well that's just "fake news", they have TDS. And millions fall for it. Over here we had Boris who does know what truth is but simply doesn't care. He'll tell you "there are no press here" in front of the press recording the conversation.
    It's not just that they're bad, it's that they damage people's trust in the positions they hold. And yes of course we should always have some distrust and scepticism about these people, blind acceptance and deference to them isn't the only alternative. But we should surely hope for some honesty and integrity, shouldn't we?
    And sure, other presidents and Prime Minsters have done bad things too.

Did he lie and tell me that 2 airplanes knocked down 3 skyscrapers each into its own footprint?
    Holy shit are we playing conspiracy theory bingo in here now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Hating on Trump is the lodestone of the current zeitgeist. Its how you prove to your fellow travellers that you are "in da club" and on the mainstream. Its a safe place where you can be sure of backup. It also robs you of personal responsibility it it all goes crapper". Tell me what Trumps crimes are?.....He lies, he lies all the time they will say...nothing more. His crimes are endless, but will not list one

Have any of his lies led to a fake based invasion of a country and the destruction of millions of lives as those of Bush, Blair, Obama? Please tell me

His major crime is that he gummed up the works, wasnt part of the programme and his instincts were all going against the grain. Sure he is none too bright, a neophyte in politics and was easily conned into appointing some of the worst assholes into key positions in his administration, but that was all because he was green in politics and is easily manoeuvred by stroking his ego

Trumps major crime is that he wont go along with the programme. It was her Heinousness` turn in 2016. Thats what the system wanted, that's what both parties...and those behind the facade wanted. This current skirmish between Russia and Ukraine was supposed to take place in 2017 after Hillary had been crowned. Mainly because Obama didnt want the world to end under his watch and Hillary of course is up for Armageddon, she likes death and misery. The plan is to break up Russia and then surround China and break them up too.

They want Russia's resources and China`s industries and nothing for you. For you and your kin they want sacrifice and for them everything else. Yet here you are cheering your own destruction agenda like Chickens clapping for the opening of a new battery.

They really believed this plan would work, that Russia would crumble and Putin would do the perp walk. Xi would plead for negotiations that would result in demon-cracy and the Yugoslavia solution for China

At least when the hydrogen bombs are blowing up next to you, you can have the warm feeling that Trump wasn't in charge when it happened.

Genuinely not sure if that's serious or satire, man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The anti establishment line his cult throw out is a fuckin amazing anaw, man.

He's the biggest swamp rat out there. Everything from his nepotism, to his Yes wo/men, to his selecting candidates to positions theyre simply not qualified for because they're "loyal", to politicizing every branch and establishment imaginable. He took the swamp and pumped in more swamp, ffs

The only thing he has said that is nailed on is that he loves stupid people. Absolutely incredible, given all that we now know, that there's anyone left to defend him. Really is a tragic indictment of society, ffs.