User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 30 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's an encapsulation of every vile ideological and political application of the command and control of large numbers of human beings by a small number of self-interested human beings. It is the antithesis of liberty. It spreads by subversion and corruption and its natural enemies are history, religion, science and reason.

Of course, if you ask a communist, they will say it is an antidote to the evils and excesses of liberty. And many people who have never lived under communism, or one of its bastards, can find that attractive, provided they ignore anyone who has actually lived under it.

It's a seduction that corrupts good people so that bad people can achieve absolute power.
    You and I have very different definitions of communism then, you're describing what I'd call authoritarianism. Or a version of it, anyway.

I don't think Biden's an authoritarian, from what I can see he's a standard, run of the mill politician with a variety of influences on him, none of which self-described communists would claim to have a part in.

And you're probably right that I'm susceptible to propaganda with regards to Trump: he's a horrible, narcissistic shitbag of a person so I'm predisposed to dislike him, and I'm not immune to confirmation bias.

But he has been in legal trouble his whole life and the presidency has exposed him to a whole lot more. Staying president might be his only way of staying out of prison, and if he has to sacrifice democracy to do it, I can see him doing it.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    You and I have very different definitions of communism then, you're describing what I'd call authoritarianism. Or a version of it, anyway.

I don't think Biden's an authoritarian, from what I can see he's a standard, run of the mill politician with a variety of influences on him, none of which self-described communists would claim to have a part in.

And you're probably right that I'm susceptible to propaganda with regards to Trump: he's a horrible, narcissistic shitbag of a person so I'm predisposed to dislike him, and I'm not immune to confirmation bias.

But he has been in legal trouble his whole life and the presidency has exposed him to a whole lot more. Staying president might be his only way of staying out of prison, and if he has to sacrifice democracy to do it, I can see him doing it.
    Perhaps you are considering the intellectual definition of communism whereas I am more focused on its practical, historical application?

When was communism, in practice, ever not the ultimate expression of authoritarianism?

Find a person who you tend to agree with regularly and then find every negative thing written about that person. Filter out the obvious hit-pieces and drill down to the genuine flaws. Then find a personal hate figure and do the opposite. For example, I examined that awful book about looting, written by a bona fide lunatic. Within it I could find many concepts I actually agree with. The underpinnings of the argument were sound. The insane leap into practical application was not. I ended up sympathising to some degree because I could see the original intent was genuine, but the author lacked the vision to take that intent and describe its manifestation in a way that would be genuinely progressive. Propaganda swamps us, flowing in from a thousand sewers daily. It's easy to drown but you have to try to keep your head above it.

Yes, of course Trump is a hateful individual. But not because he's a racist - he's not. Not because he's a demagogue - he's not. He may be a misogynist, I doubt it but it's possible given certain readings of the evidence. But he's not most of the stupid things his opponents claim. Trump's faults lie in his his character, but his actions so far have not brought about any of the outcomes pushed by the fear mongering left. Quite the opposite. What his opponents most despise about him is he's not their puppet. It really is that simple.

Modern politics and corporatism are meshed in such a way that long term plans often span administrations. So you want a smooth transition between entirely corrupted individuals such as Bush, Clinton, another Bush, Obama and Clinton... no wait. WTF just happened? Where's Clinton?

That's why they hate Trump. He fucked it all up and, in the process, revealed a nasty reality that people are fed up of politics on rails and the tired old handing down of power to the next pre-selected puppet. Of course Biden is the most typical example of a puppet imaginable. It goes back to business as usual should the left manage to steal this election. And if the left (see definition of communism to understand why the likes of AOC and John Bolton can be in the same camp) will then change the rules so the same mishap of genuine democracy can never occur again. It will be a timeless parade of puppets from that point onwards.

Trump must win, not because he's a good guy, but because he gives Americans four more years to try to sort this shit out and bring an end to the puppet show. It's highly unlikely that will happen, but there's no chance of it ever happening again (minus a violent revolution) should Biden open the door for the demons to crawl back in. The idea Trump will seize power for all time, or he'll blow up the democracy, or he's trying to win to stay out of jail - it's the opposite, as is usually the case. You'll see the old blood establishment in power forever more, you'll see those who genuinely colluded with foreign powers, you'll see those who have committed serious crimes that cost lives (sometimes millions), lock in power should the puppet Biden be manipulated back into the Whitehouse.

Look at it this way. Leaving aside a million other concerns, one key indicator is war. The Dems love a good war, just as much as the Republicans. Two faces on the one party. Ideologically joined at the hip when it comes to death and mayhem. Go back and find some good information on Trump's efforts to get troops out of Afghanistan and the Middle East. And look at who was screaming the loudest against this "Anti-American" folly. You'll get a lot of answers from those episodes. That's a real example of Trump crossing red lines, not to destroy democracy, but to destroy the game of death these establishment and corporate ghouls have had cemented at the heart of all their agendas. Thou shall not kill their war machine and the power and profits derived.

Sticking millions of Americans in prison for victimless "crimes", go and check Biden's and Harris' record. It's appalling.

Trump has a suspect character. His opponents are evil. Neither choice gets you the leader you deserve, but there's no real choice when you consider the potential impact on humanity.

Over here in the UK I don't know what we do. We're really very fucked. Everything I was writing about the murderous scumbags Whitty and Vallance and their scamdemic is starting to leak out. I wonder will that be enough to turn the tide? Doubt it.

Propaganda is powerful.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I spend more than that on covfefe and hamberders
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They used this before the 2016 election too, just going to show how little integrity they have left. It's probably a rush job rehash designed to detract from the latest evidence of postal voter fraud by Democratic operatives. You likely won't see anything about that on the impartial BBC.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope - checked. Not a peep about the voter fraud. Just the usual stuff about Hilary (sorry, they already did that), I mean Biden being 91% assured of winning the election (so maybe they do have some obtuse coverage of voter fraud after all), Trump being booed, Trump being Hitler, etc, Trump being fact checked (the BBC fact checking others, you couldn't make it up - not as well as the BBC anyway), a couple of defensive pieces in support of Biden, and of course straight faced coverage of this new tax bombshell from the 2016 locker.

A typical day on the BBC.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They used this before the 2016 election too
    The only election in modern times when a candidate refused to release their tax returns? That one?
    The candidate who said he'd release them when the audit was finished - still waiting, Donald - because he couldn't release them while under audit, which you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only election in modern times when a candidate refused to release their tax returns? That one?
    The candidate who said he'd release them when the audit was finished - still waiting, Donald - because he couldn't release them while under audit, which you can.
    Are you serious?

Even if he ended up paying no tax, so what? Not that we know this is true. It has been denied. It's all the say-so from a left wing rag posing as a serious media outlet. All we have is he said, she said. And, as with 2016, nobody who doesn't have TDS cares anyway, just as they didn't care back then.

But leaving all that aside, let's just assume these fake news journalists are telling the truth (like you have assumed) - so what if he paid no tax? That's how it works for big business. He hires an accountant, or a hundred accountants, the accountant uses every loophole in the book made available to the wealthy by corrupted politicians, the tax bill disappears and, in some cases, the business is so shameless it then engineers a no-bid contract and/ or a subsidy with government so everybody ends up paying them!

You knew that, right? Or is it new and shocking news to you?

This is just another piece of shit being thrown at the wall. To go with all the other shit that has been thrown for four years straight. But TDS victims will jump on it as another smoking gun moment, in a long chain of damp squibs. Just like you have done. An unverified rehash of a 2016 story, and it's the news piece you find most worthy of comment. Meanwhile riots, shootings, voter fraud, more exposures about FBI criminality, documents emerging that finally tie Obama into the Russiagate scandal, and on and on. Or you could even look closer to home, at Vallance, for example? But of course not.

Look! Trump!

Then around the bowl again.

I previously posted up a few thoughts about how afflicted people might help themselves in overcoming their unhealthy issues with Trump. I advise you try them. It would actually help you critique Trump effectively, rather than have you chasing after every wild goose released by the fake news media.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 28-09-2020 at 03:01 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I previously posted up a few thoughts about how afflicted people might help themselves in overcoming their unhealthy issues with Trump. I advise you try them. It would actually help you critique Trump effectively, rather than have you chasing after every wild goose released by the fake news media.
    what's 'unhealthy' about disliking someone who is so detestable he's actually talking about refusing to go if the election he's desperately trying to rig doesn't go his way?

as jonathan freedland wrote in yes, the Guardian, he could literally split up the US - just as the Tories are splitting up the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tives-power-us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    what's 'unhealthy' about disliking someone who is so detestable he's actually talking about refusing to go if the election he's desperately trying to rig doesn't go his way?

as jonathan freedland wrote in yes, the Guardian, he could literally split up the US - just as the Tories are splitting up the UK

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...tives-power-us
    The only people actively trying to rig the election are the Democrats, just like they rig every election and candidate selection exercise. Most of you cannot point to 1 thing Trump has done since taking office that adversely affects your lives but, hey. You would be doing so much better under Hillary so i guess thats enough
    Make 2mrw better than 2day