User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 32 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Hitler

That's the bitch with brainwashing. The victim is oblivious.
    I was using an extreme example you cockwomble.

Somehow I figured you'd interpret it that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    I was using an extreme example you cockwomble.

Somehow I figured you'd interpret it that way.
    Of course you were. That's how it's done.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course you were. That's how it's done.
    Yeah - I was.

I'm fairly sure it was fashionable to hate Hitler.

But I'm guessing people didn't hate him because it was the cool thing to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Yeah - I was.

I'm fairly sure it was fashionable to hate Hitler.

But I'm guessing people didn't hate him because it was the cool thing to do.
    Agree with that. TDS is definitely not a cool look outside the bubble.

You have every right to hate Trump if that's what you want to do. It's just it's a bad idea to allow hatred for the guy screw you up so profoundly it allows true evil and insanity to sneak past, or even be ushered in, cutting your nose to spite your face. Only a small fraction of the left are political operatives - they know the score, but they have a game to play. The rest seem to genuinely believe they are part of this great revolution against the worst tyrant in the history of the world. So they throw their weight behind Biden, Harris. BLM, Gates, the EU, multinationals and the communist regime in China. Not to mention the neocons they hated just a few years ago. It's a crippling illness, unlike Covid. Which they also pretend is a new Spanish flu. And don't get them started on the end of the world, which happened in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2020 and will be happening many times more into the, presumably, non-existent future. Which is a shame for the gender count - doubt it will get past 1 million before catastrophe strikes. Which at least will put an end to the new lefty racism, designed to stamp out racism. And, sadly, wahmen doing their thing, and so-called men doing wahmen's things. No more open borders for illegals, no need to lock the natives down. Vote left to save the world and keep all this wonderful progress snowballing?

For all of Trump's faults, he's not as fucking crazy as the loons who oppose him. I mean, be honest, have we ever seen a crazier bunch in the history of the world? The Salem witch trials were intellectual affairs by comparison. It's kind of a badge of honour to be hated by these nutters.

Hate Trump all you want. But it would be nice to hear a bit about the fucking psychopaths too, from time to time, for variety.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not cutting anything, I genuinely hate the guy and almost everything he stands for.

It doesn't mean I love his opponents. Or even like them.

In fact, I can't think of any that I like and would actively support.

But I know what I really hate above all else.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First debate between Trump and Biden tonight from Cleveland. 2am BST.

I'm off for the rest of the week so shall get up for this one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You just assume these stories are true. With zero evidence to support them?
    I posted the evidence - the NY Times article where they claim they gained access to the records.
    Now, they could be lying of course although if so why hasn't famously litigious Trump sued for defamation?
    His response so far is basically "nuh uh!" and "Fake news! You'll see that when I release my tax returns".
    Yeah, Donald. The one you've been saying you'll release for years, lying about how you're not able to while under audit.

I don't know this is true, but my gut feel is it probably is. As you noted, it's not exactly news for wealthy individuals or corporations to get people to help them avoid tax. Your general stance of "yeah, he's a shitbag but he's basically making good policies" is reasonable. I guess I just disagree that he is making good policies although I'll look into some of the things you mention.

My issue with Trump is I genuinely think he is suffering from a narcissistic personality disorder. He seems to think he knows a lot about subjects which he actually knows very little about. And that's potentially dangerous when he's making policies from a place of ignorance. He pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord. Now, if he'd done that because he thought it was a bad deal for the US and he'd make his own "green" policies then fairly reasonable, but he seems to have done it because he's a climate change denier. The incident with the hurricane where he claimed it would hit a state which it wouldn't and instead of admitting his mistake when corrected he literally drew the extra state on with a Sharpie! I mean, come on! That is not the actions of a sound mind. That inability to admit fault or ignorance is dangerous in someone who makes policies which affect people's lives.

I'm not saying the alternatives are necessarily better. Although it's interesting you call Biden a dementia patient. That tells me you're buying into the propaganda which Trump puts out about him. I don't know if you saw the video where Biden fell asleep in a live television interview. Except he didn't, it was someone else and the video was doctored to make it look like it had been Biden.

Finally I'm interested at the way you laud Trump for doing some of the things you claim he's done. Previously you've argued that he's just a puppet and not really in control. It can't be both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    First debate between Trump and Biden tonight from Cleveland. 2am BST.

I'm off for the rest of the week so shall get up for this one.
    You know those episodes he has, where his brain turns to mush? He better hope they don't happen tonight, otherwise Biden will wipe the floor with him.
    Last edited by GP; 29-09-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I posted the evidence - the NY Times article where they claim they gained access to the records.
    Now, they could be lying of course although if so why hasn't famously litigious Trump sued for defamation?
    His response so far is basically "nuh uh!" and "Fake news! You'll see that when I release my tax returns".
    Yeah, Donald. The one you've been saying you'll release for years, lying about how you're not able to while under audit.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49963910

He's been ordered to release his tax returns on more than one occasion.
    You're right, this would be an easy story to debunk. He can't, though.

Not that it makes any difference. His base are so deranged they'll vote for him whatever he does. He could even carry on raping babies, whcih he does constantly.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    You know those episodes he has, where his brain turns to mush? He better hope they don't happen tonight, otherwise Biden will wipe the floor with him.
    Episodes is a very kind way of suggesting it happens intermittently.