User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 36 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    There was no moment of implosion but yeah, he was just unpopular and frustratingly vague on certain issues.
    He was basically a decent bloke, I reckon. Idealistic but not always that realistic.
    He didn't really come across as PM material - whatever that means.
    While not a debate, the Andrew Neil interview he had was a complete implosion.

Couldn’t justify any policy or even apologise when asked about the offence he had caused the Jewish population.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Couldn’t justify any policy or even apologise when asked about the offence he had caused the Jewish population.
    This sort of stuff blows my mind.
    I don't think Corbyn is a raging anti-Semite but there does seem to have been a problem in the party.
    So just apologise and say you'll deal with it. End of issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    What questions do you think people want an answer to and, what is the likelihood you think of the questions getting answered?
    With Trump, the likelihood of getting SOME questions answered would be pretty good. He's been willing to depart from the establishment line on many occasions.

I'd have asked about future prospects for the economy, in real terms, given the amount of borrowing that has occurred. I'd have asked about ongoing relations with China. I'd have asked if the snowballing evidence debunking this latest Covid second wave has been recognised and will it force a change in strategy. I'd have asked if senior figures will go to jail, just like a regular citizen would have to, if serious criminality is established from the probe into Russiagate. I'd have asked if either campaign has financially supported extremist organisations like Antifa, BLM, KKK, and vice versa (the answer is a resounding yes, btw). So many questions that could address the future a regular citizen can expect in terms of jobs, potential trade wars and shooting wars, law and order, a fair system of justice for all (which is what the left claims it wants), practical questions and answers that allow people to plan and make decisions in advance.

Instead we get self heaped tributes from one candidate, bald faced lies and accusations from the other, all about what's already happened, topped with empty promises from a party that has done nothing for four years except attempt to derail the last election result.

Who the hell, as things stand, would buy a house or open a business or take out a college loan or do anything that involves a long term commitment right now? People want to know if they will have jobs, a degree of liberty to go about their lives, prospects for their kids. I doubt they give a shit about any of the political intrigue in DC, beyond taking a partisan stance they had anyway. All that stuff about Hunter Biden is irrelevant. Of course he's a crook. His dad is a crook. What's the big news? What did people expect? It's like Trump and his taxes. Breaking! Rich businessman exploits tax loopholes! This stuff is silly and takes away from the real issues that will affect lives at street level. We're nowhere near the place where we are electing honest people to office, we're in the mud trying to limit the excesses of individuals who are entirely unsuited to lead (here in the UK too). And then you have morons go on about Trump not being "presidential" FFS! Yeah, by comparison to who? All of it playacting.

Wallace showed himself up as another tired old hack from the fake news, trivia stained media theatre. Audience, ratings and the nerve to claim it's serious business, when there genuinely is the most serious business at stake, but well out of reach or control by the average citizen. I hope enough people can see through it and are fed up of it by now. If Wallace gets crucified from both sides maybe the next stooge will think twice before being ushered on to stage. Doubt it, but hope springs eternal.

The offer by Joe Rogan to do a 4 hour sit down, that would have been something to see. And that's the key difference between Trump and Biden. Trump could handle that, while taking plenty of hits from Rogan no doubt. Rogan would run rings around him. But Biden would be so far out of his depth, so beyond the script and the stage, it was a foregone conclusion he would never dignify such a possibility with a response.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    So the helpful lesson I gave you on propaganda has had no affect at all then?
    Lesson
    Your superiority complex is pretty funny. You genuinely think you have a hotline to "the truth" and are a free thinker.
    Actually you just look at different sources and parrot those. And then you call anything you don't agree with fake or propaganda.

Of course the "fact" checkers claim everything Trump says is false.
    No, they claim the false things Trump says are false. Because they are. And the article I saw didn't just claim they were false, they showed the data which demonstrates they are false.
    And they did the same with Biden, he said some things which aren't true too.
    It just happens that more of what Trump said was false because that is generally so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesson
    Your superiority complex is pretty funny. You genuinely think you have a hotline to "the truth" and are a free thinker.
    Actually you just look at different sources and parrot those. And then you call anything you don't agree with fake or propaganda.

No, they claim the false things Trump says are false. Because they are. And the article I saw didn't just claim they were false, they showed the data which demonstrates they are false.
    And they did the same with Biden, he said some things which aren't true too.
    It just happens that more of what Trump said was false because that is generally so.
    Oh dear. So you still believe Trump only paid $750 tax in the years specified by the fake news BBC article you linked to? Or you believe it is possible that it's true? Despite me suggesting you actually read the NYT article from which the BBC constructed its fake news interpretation?

That's quite sad really. If you'd taken my advice you might have learned something. But it's pretty plain you are content with being uninformed and misinformed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh dear. So you still believe Trump only paid $750 tax in the years specified by the fake news BBC article you linked to? Or you believe it is possible that it's true? Despite me suggesting you actually read the NYT article from which the BBC constructed its fake news interpretation?

That's quite sad really. If you'd taken my advice you might have learned something. But it's pretty plain you are content with being uninformed and misinformed.
    but you'd be disappoointed if we all just agreed with you - what would you do all day if you didn't have to post lengthy diatribes in an effort to get us to change our minds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but you'd be disappoointed if we all just agreed with you - what would you do all day if you didn't have to post lengthy diatribes in an effort to get us to change our minds?
    Maybe. But the compensation would be a world with more facts.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe. But the compensation would be a world with more facts.
    Your definition of facts is simply "things you agree with"
    Anything you don't agree with you label "fake news" or "propaganda".

I note you just say "tax", the NY Times article specifically says he paid $750 income tax in those years.
    Trump's response has been "nuh uh!". But I note he continues not to release the records. So given his record of lying and the fact that if it wasn't true he could prove it but chooses not to, my gut feel is that yeah, that claim is probably true.
    You seem to be flip-flopping between "Fake News!" and "So what? All rich people use tricks to avoid tax".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your definition of facts is simply "things you agree with"
    Anything you don't agree with you label "fake news" or "propaganda".

I note you just say "tax", the NY Times article specifically says he paid $750 income tax in those years.
    Trump's response has been "nuh uh!". But I note he continues not to release the records. So given his record of lying and the fact that if it wasn't true he could prove it but chooses not to, my gut feel is that yeah, that claim is probably true.
    You seem to be flip-flopping between "Fake News!" and "So what? All rich people use tricks to avoid tax".
    One last chance to read the NYT article.
    Für eure Sicherheit