User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 77 of 267 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    The fact that postal votes - which were thought to favour Biden - would change what the figures showed on the night was known before the election. You only seem to like numbers that show what you want them to show. Right now you’re a Spurs fan claiming you bear West Ham because at one point you had a good lead. Well sorry dude but that’s not how anything works, you have to count all the goals scored. Now, if you have good evidence that the equaliser shouldn’t have been given then fine, you can have your day in court and present that evidence.
    Sorry, Mr Guesswork, I have the actual numbers of registered voters compared to the number of ballots that were cast. Not that it's an easy problem to pick through, it's not. Except in Georgia where is its elementary and election fraud will be very easy to prove. Places like Arizona will be more difficult because they were a bit smarter with their fraud and it didn't come down to straight maths. But even then, trends will catch them out.

There's no real point talking to somebody as uninformed as yourself. You listen to the prevailing opinion, take that as news and then base your views on it. Which is much like everyone else, so I'm not picking on you specifically. But if you understood anything about elections and maths you'd also be saying, wait, that's a bit impossible. Alas, you understand neither so you have to go with the opinions, not facts, of people who are engaged in the overriding narrative.

Doesn't matter much for now anyway as there are several corrupt courts to pass through before this gets to the real courts. And you will probably say, blah de blah blah, blah blah blah, blah de blah biased Trump court. Because your conditioning will demand it. But these would be the same courts that caused the problem in the first place by abstaining when the Dems announced they were going to rig the election. Which is to say, even in the big boy courts, you could still get your steal. Despite the evidence. Rather like Covid19. So don't panic yet.
    Last edited by Niall_Quinn; 05-11-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get the Alaska angle. That one is a compete mystery to me and I can't see their path. Alaska is obviously red. They could have called it before the voting started. But it's held back. If there's any strategy in the bag that requires Alaska turning blue, for the giggles, I'd love to see it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I don't get the Alaska angle. That one is a compete mystery to me and I can't see their path. Alaska is obviously red. They could have called it before the voting started. But it's held back. If there's any strategy in the bag that requires Alaska turning blue, for the giggles, I'd love to see it.
    I thought it was a mistake - but nope. But yeah, its more red than something that is very red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I have the actual numbers of registered voters compared to the number of ballots that were cast.
    Do you, though? Can we see them then? And I'd be interested to know your sources.

You listen to the prevailing opinion, take that as news and then base your views on it.
    And that's worse than looking at far right and conspiracy theory YouTube channels and blogs and basing your views on those, is it?
    I try and look at a range of opinions, but I do discount those of people I view as crackpots and who present no evidence of their claims.
    I do understand maths actually. I certainly understand counting. If Trump was, say, 200,000 votes ahead in a State which only 150,000 votes left to count then it suddenly went blue I'd be thinking "hang on a minute...".
    Has that happened? Do you have evidence?
    All that is actually happening is what we all knew would happen before the election day. More Democrats than Republicans opted to vote by post. Those votes are counted after the votes on the day. So the numbers on the night were always going to be skewed more in favour of Trump than the final outcome. We all knew this. Now, if Trump had won a landslide on the day then that wouldn't have mattered, but he didn't so it could make the difference.

Where's the problem? All the votes should be counted, shouldn't they? You don't know the result of a football match till the final whistle.
    Now, if the claim is that Biden has been awarded a fraudulent VAR penalty after the final whistle which changed the result then OK, let's see the evidence.
    Trump has presented none.

The Alaska thing by the way. Is there an "angle"? Why do you think there always has to be one? Last I saw it was about two thirds for Trump but only just over half the votes had been counted. It seems pretty clear Trump will win but with so many votes left to count I can see why more cautious media outlets would stop short of calling it. If you're 3-0 up against West Ham at half time then the bookies are probably going to pay out on a win, doesn't mean they're right to. Earlier in the year you lambasted the BBC for reporting about PL games being suspended - your grumble which caused you to call it "fake news" was that the FA hadn't officially announced the suspension yet. The article made that clear though and said the information was from their source - and it proved to be accurate. Now you're grumbling that news sources like the BBC aren't calling a State when the result isn't officially known.

Doesn't matter much for now anyway as there are several corrupt courts to pass through before this gets to the real courts. And you will probably say, blah de blah blah, blah blah blah, blah de blah biased Trump court.
    No, I'll look at the evidence that is presented in court. If it shows good evidence of widespread fraud then OK then. All I'm asking is to see the evidence, none has been presented.

So don't panic yet.
    There's only one person panicking, and he's currently in the White House. Maybe not for much longer though.
    And maybe panicking is the wrong word. He's sulking. He's sulking because he's a pathetic man-child with a serious narcissistic personality disorder.
    He can't stand the thought of something not going his way. Last time out although he won he didn't win the popular vote, so he simply declared he would have done had it not been for all the fraudulent votes.
    He presented no evidence and he set up a commission to investigate which he then had to disband when they didn't find anything.
    He's doing the same thing now. He's throwing his toys out of the pram because things aren't going his way. It's embarrassing.

Trump might not understand this but I'm sure you do - if you make a claim then the burden of proof is on you. Anyone can claim anything, it's not unreasonable to ask for evidence to back up claims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the American system barking mad in that you can elect a president yet they dont take office for three months whereas here, as soon as the result is known, the old PM is booted out and new one takes over.

In normal times, most presidents will work with the president elect over the next three months but trump isn’t normal. He’ll either resign so Pence pardon him & his family etc or he’s going to start a war isn’t he?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biden takes the lead in GA
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Biden takes the lead in GA
    ORANGE MAN SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I think the American system barking mad in that you can elect a president yet they dont take office for three months whereas here, as soon as the result is known, the old PM is booted out and new one takes over.

In normal times, most presidents will work with the president elect over the next three months but trump isn’t normal. He’ll either resign so Pence pardon him & his family etc or he’s going to start a war isn’t he?
    he'll do as much damage as he possibly can before he leaves, that's the depressing thing, expect some extremely savage right-wing nastiness if he loses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    There's only one person panicking, and he's currently in the White House.
    you're forgetting NQ, he's panicking too, all his hard work to fake-news the result for Trump and it ain't lookin' great - expect him to feature in a dole queue near you soon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing a lot of people here in the UK going about how in a democracy, every vote must be counted & results of said vote be respected. People like David Lammy & Ed Davey have been very vocal on this.

Funny how they don’t believe that every vote should be respected if they disagree with the result like brexit. Then you must have another vote until they get the result they want