User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump

4 15.38%
  • Biden

22 84.62%
Page 95 of 267 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 US General Election

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    More lawsuits.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN27N10U

What a way to leave office.
    It’s his MO.
    Things don’t go his way, he sues.
    It’s a bit sad that even now he can’t muster any dignity.
    He’s a man in his 70s acting like a toddler.
    It’s all pretty embarrassing.

You would think someone close to him would have a word.
    Because let’s be fair - he was President of the US for 4 years. It’s a pretty exclusive club.
    I didn’t like the way he conducted himself but the way he can whip up a crowd is objectively impressive. He managed to get a lot of support. The troubling thing is the way he continues to breed division in the country.

I’ve just watched some stuff about concession speeches. There’s nothing that mandates an incumbent president has to do one but it’s a convention and helps the process of healing, especially when things are so divided as they are in the US right now. I hope someone close to Trump counsels him to make one.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's difficult to ask a sociopath to show contrition sadly.

He really should just suck it up, take his leave (in January obviously) and I suspect run again for President in 2024.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d rather hope the Republican Party will wash their hands of him after the way he has behaved, but Trump does have a huge fan base so he’d definitely have a shot in 2024 if he is nominated as the Republican candidate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully he's dead by then
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Hopefully he's dead by then
    OF covid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’d rather hope the Republican Party will wash their hands of him after the way he has behaved, but Trump does have a huge fan base so he’d definitely have a shot in 2024 if he is nominated as the Republican candidate.
    The thing is, in terms of policy (with the possible exception of foreign policy) he didn't govern particularly differently to how Republicans usually do it. Massive tax cuts for the rich, let the poor die, game the system to take control of institutions.

He was the candidate that said the quiet part loud. Republicans are meant to court the bigot vote through dog whistles, not direct words. That's why he got such a massive groundswell of support from the vilest parts of American society who finally had a candidate who said what they were thinking, but unfortunately for him, it gave his opponent got a massive groundswell of support from... decent people.

I think he would've won without COVID though; this race was pretty close (in terms of the absurd electoral college they use to help losers win sometimes, as happed with GWB and Trump himself the first time) and he would've won without huge turnout on the other side, which you don't get just from being a cock, you get it from directly presiding over a crisis that kills over 200,000 people.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's responsible for putting Giuliani on this? Surely a respectable lawyer could have been found to handle it? They'd be queueing up for the court case of the decade.

Hire a crook to catch a crook, maybe. Hope he doesn't totally fuck it up.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    The thing is, in terms of policy (with the possible exception of foreign policy) he didn't govern particularly differently to how Republicans usually do it. Massive tax cuts for the rich, let the poor die, game the system to take control of institutions.

He was the candidate that said the quiet part loud. Republicans are meant to court the bigot vote through dog whistles, not direct words. That's why he got such a massive groundswell of support from the vilest parts of American society who finally had a candidate who said what they were thinking, but unfortunately for him, it gave his opponent got a massive groundswell of support from... decent people.

I think he would've won without COVID though; this race was pretty close (in terms of the absurd electoral college they use to help losers win sometimes, as happed with GWB and Trump himself the first time) and he would've won without huge turnout on the other side, which you don't get just from being a cock, you get it from directly presiding over a crisis that kills over 200,000 people.
    The exact opposite is true, of course. Trump's support has gone up in all segments of society except one. But left wing narrative wing have a free ride in the coming weeks as their media partners poison every well.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)