User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***BREAKING NEWS*** 'Mustafi to be charged by the Premier league for viciously attacking Varny's studs'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Varny' ?

am not a fan of mustafi but he soldiered on well yesterday, though i suspect part of it is he is scared of being replaced by Holding so he stays on the pitch at all costs - he went down again in the second half and got up pretty speedily

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On The Buses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Arteta has a point about Vardy. If Nketiah was sent off for a dangerous challenge (definitely no intent there but you can't argue about it being dangerous), then why wasn't Vardy sent off for practically kicking Mustafi in the face? How is that not classed as a dangerous challenge?

I thought we played well in the first half but we don't have the killer instinct to pick teams off while we're on top. We really needed that second goal. Another great game from Saka.

Our defence is still trash. Leicester looked like they were going to get a goal even before the red. I mean for one of their chances Iheanacho was the only Leicester player in our box and got an unchallenged shot on goal because Bellerin got caught ball watching. How hard is it to mark the only player in the box?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn’t a challenge from Vardy though. It was a coming together and his momentum took him into Mustafi. At least that’s what happened in the eyes of the ref. Only Vardy himself knows if he meant to leave one on Mustafi, so it’s difficult to interpret those kind of incidents because they appear so accidental and innocuous.

With clumsy attempts to get the ball like Nketiah, it’s easier to determine what happened.

Vardy is as nasty as they come so I reckon he probably did mean it but I can see why it went unnoticed.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 08-07-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the first 45 minutes was the best I've seen us play in quite a long time, we looked very good all over the pitch, especially in midfield and attack.

We had our chances and I kind of thought they would come back to bite us in the arse.

Despite that and our drop off in the 2nd half, we were still the better team until the referee decided to ruin the game. Yeah Eddie messed up but it wasn't intentional IMO, the kid had just come off the bench and was eager to get stuck in (mind the pun).

I'm not going to go into the referee's performance or the decisions because it was a 0/10 performance from the ref IMO.

Despite the above, there were plenty of positives to take from yesterday and recent weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post

Vardy is as nasty as they come so I reckon he probably did mean it but I can see why it went unnoticed.
    this, he's a dirty little gyppo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vardy definitely should have seen red. He kicked out at Mustafi, without doubt.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch the replay from the other angle where you can see the front of Vardy on the way down.

He doesn't take his eyes off of Mustafi and then hooks his leg round at the last minute.

It was intentional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see it. But I can confirm Vardy definitely cheated. It's Vardy. That's what he does.
    Für eure Sicherheit