User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubameyang's Wang View Post
    Watch the replay from the other angle where you can see the front of Vardy on the way down.

He doesn't take his eyes off of Mustafi and then hooks his leg round at the last minute.

It was intentional.
    Agreed. Looked like he intended to do if you ask me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working from home on a game day, it was natural that I had far too much to drink early in the day. From my memory, I thought we played quite well in the first half. Ceballos and Tierney in particular IMO. Tierney is looking quite the player. Lacazette was wasteful again and I thought the game could have been over if he took his chances. 2nd half, the red lost us the game. It was a foolish challenge by Nketiah, he should have known better. However, Vardy should have been off as well. At the end of it, I was disappointed as I thought we were the better side but the season is a wash anyways. Ill focus on the small improvements as far as player development and tactics/playing style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Vardy definitely should have seen red. He kicked out at Mustafi, without doubt.
    Yup, it was a blatant red. But it’s “Arsenal”, it was a mistake lads. Ref was a cunt last night.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Hackett in the Telegraph has said that Vardy should have been sent off, no question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Vardy is the Skysports and media darling he can do nothing wrong he is just he a good clean wholesome English boy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dazthegooner View Post
    Well Vardy is the Skysports and media darling he can do nothing wrong he is just he a good clean wholesome English boy...
    I think you mean GHEL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    It wasn’t a challenge from Vardy though. It was a coming together and his momentum took him into Mustafi. At least that’s what happened in the eyes of the ref. Only Vardy himself knows if he meant to leave one on Mustafi, so it’s difficult to interpret those kind of incidents because they appear so accidental and innocuous.

With clumsy attempts to get the ball like Nketiah, it’s easier to determine what happened.

Vardy is as nasty as they come so I reckon he probably did mean it but I can see why it went unnoticed.
    I can see what you mean but I just watched the replay again and I don't think it's just momentum:
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-vardy-let-off

There's a replay on the second video on that link. Watch Vardy's left leg after he lands, he definitely kicks out. No idea if there was any intent or not but that's irrelevant anyway, for me that's dangerous and should have been a red for the same reason Nketiah got sent off.