User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Spuds (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it’s looking like we will quite possibly finish below newly promoted Sheffield United.

The descent into mediocrity, which has been 10 years in the making, is almost complete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Arteta talked big talk about being ruthless. So why is he watching these players make the same mistakes over and over? Stick the kids in and at least we have some enthusiasm. So what if we lose? We lose anyway.
    Most of us have been saying this all season. It worked recently with Nketiah, Saka and Willock all having a good impact. But, like others before him, he seems to revert to the myth that experience is the safer option. Holding and AMN aren't kids now, but seem to have been frozen out despite the fact that they've put in good performances recently every time they've played.

It makes absolutely no sense for Kolasinac to be starting over Holding in a back three. The other option would be to play Tierney in a three and Saka at wing-back, which was also working well. It's completely baffling.

Arteta has clearly improved a lot of things and is handicapped by what is avalaible to him, but his stubborn choices and favouring certain players over others when there's been no proven merit in doing so has been hugely disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we have to keep talking up Mustafi, Xhaka and Pepe as much as possible and hope some idiot pays us decent money for them.

Best part of £150m they cost us, plus £400k+ a week wages.

Unbelievable the way this club operates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RomfordPele View Post
    I think we have to keep talking up Mustafi, Xhaka and Pepe as much as possible and hope some idiot pays us decent money for them.

Best part of £150m they cost us, plus £400k+ a week wages.

Unbelievable the way this club operates.
    We need to get used to supporting a mid table club that used to be good. At least we wont have to play in the Europa League.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    We lost....oh what a surprise!
    I’m a bit surprised.
    I mean, we are pretty poor but Spurs are too.
    Thought we might get a point.
    Me

Didn’t bother watching. Just not worth the effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m a bit surprised.
    Me

I'm not falling for watching that shower again. Waste of time. Had far more fun watching Verstappen battling Bottas and Lando bossing the last lap. There's still entertainment around if you hunt it down.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I’m a bit surprised.
    Me

I thought spuds would win but i thought it would be through K**t scoring from a 'shouldn't-have-been-given' pelanty - but spuds don't even need those to beat us now, they can just wait for us to f**k up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Unless Arteta weeds out morons like Mustafi, Luiz, Xhaka and Kolasinac there's no hope for us. He's given them a chance, he's tried different systems and they've let him down, just like they let Emery and Wenger down. I can't blame Arteta for that.

But if he's still playing them next season then I can and will blame him.
    It was really unlucky that the one time he started with Holding, he didn't have a good game, but despite that Arteta should see beyond that - why don't people at the club tell him who's good and bad when he joins? Why does he have to wait until Mustafi, Luiz and Kola show how shit they are on numerous occasions, someone could have told him that to start with, it's like everyone at the club is completely blind and can't see what's in front of them, or more likely they're all being paid quite nicely thank you and don't want to rock the boat in case they're thrown over the side

This club is sick to the core basically, it's run by a mafia type who lines the pockets of his agent mates and hires a kid as manager who's too naive and junior to question anything, and the rest of the staff are just yes men
    Last edited by Mac76; 12-07-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta lineup cost us the match. You playing a Jose that literally doesn't want to possess the ball, they gonna sit back

And this situation you need Xhaka, Bellerin, Kola, Pepe, Tierney all on the pitch.

All the creative responsibilities was on Ceballos and Spurs knew and played accordingly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    It was really unlucky that the one time he started with Holding, he didn't have a good game, but despite that Arteta should see beyond that - why don't people at the club tell him who's good and bad when he joins? Why does he have to wait until Mustafi, Luiz and Kola show how shit they are on numerous occasions, someone could have told him that to start with, it's like everyone at the club is completely blind and can't see what's in front of them, or more likely they're all being paid quite nicely thank you and don't want to rock the boat in case they're thrown over the side

This club is sick to the core basically, it's run by a mafia type who lines the pockets of his agent mates and hires a kid as manager who's too naive and junior to question anything, and the rest of the staff are just yes men
    Holding's last start was in the 0-2 against Southampton. In which he was MOTM.

Not started since.

The Leeds game was ages ago, before lockdown. It should have no relevance to anything. It just seems like Arteta doesn't rate him at all. Which is mad, because he's a better defender than Mustafi and Luiz and certainly better on the ball than Kolasinac. He's also not got disastrous errors littered throughout his career.

Must be Guendouzi's enforcer behind the scenes.