User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Spuds (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He is mostly right. But when we won 4 games in a row...not a peep from him. Literally not a single post.
    The first defeat and here he comes running like Roy Keane to a referee when Utd just conceded a penalty back in the day.
    This is the same person who retrospectively declared the 92/93 season "thoroughly enjoyable" when, as I have shown, our league results that year were just as bad as this one so far. He did so based on the cup wins which were admittedly the cherry on top of a complete shit pie of a season. But hey, we're still in the FA Cup. If we win it will this season become "thoroughly enjoyable"? (Obviously we won't win the FA Cup, but just supposing)
    He's just a perennial whiner and WUM.

The mood changed over time. Initially yes, there was some "be careful what you wish for"ing. After what Wenger did in the early years and with the whole complication of the stadium move he was afforded some understandable patience. I'll admit I was too late to the "Wenger Out" party but I continued to rail against the idea that he was some bumbling idiot and that anyone would come in and do better. I consistently said that we had other problems that removing Wenger wouldn't fix. And look where we are now. Which doesn't mean I wish we'd kept Wenger. I agree he stayed too long even if I disagree with many about how much too long. But the squad he left us with did OK last season. It was something to build on. It's only this year that Emery has completely bolloxed things up. Wenger doesn't get off scott free but as I said we did OK last year with mostly his squad so it can't entirely be his fault either. This season is significantly worse than any Wenger season .

It's not that what he's saying is all wrong, it's the fact that he pops up here after every bad result to whine about how awful everything is.
    There's no nuance, no analysis, no sense that he's actually pleased when we get good results. Just endless whining. Nothing that lends itself to any debate.

My take is for all our problems, Arteta has done OK. He's not worked miracles but did we really expect him to? Unless there's a really world class manager out there who we could get for next season I say let's give him a full season before throwing him to the wolves. I don't want us to be a revolving door club, endlessly chopping and changing things. Had results got even worse since he joined then it's a different conversation, but they haven't.
    Come on man, hardly anybody posts on here after we win, me included. I don't know about the other stuff you are posting so can't really comment on it. But I don't think Zim is a troll, he just like most of us gets pissed off with the current situation. I am pissed off, I'm sick to death of the club.

I agree that the issue is way more complex than Arteta, in fact unless everybody on board (Arsenal management and board) has the clubs best interest at heart...which I don't believe to be case, then we will continue to struggle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s there to talk about after we win anyway? Wins have been so meaningless this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    What’s there to talk about after we win anyway?

So if you go to a game and we win you just stand in the pub silently afterwards, we won so there's nothing to say?!
    It's a game of football, whatever the result there are surely talking points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He doesn't do that. He has a long and boring history of trolling
    Ah okay. That must be what it is then.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Come on man, hardly anybody posts on here after we win, me included. I don't know about the other stuff you are posting so can't really comment on it. But I don't think Zim is a troll, he just like most of us gets pissed off with the current situation. I am pissed off, I'm sick to death of the club.

I agree that the issue is way more complex than Arteta, in fact unless everybody on board (Arsenal management and board) has the clubs best interest at heart...which I don't believe to be case, then we will continue to struggle.
    Our football's just as boring, whether we win, lose or draw. Not much to talk about. Sideways, backwards, didn't he do well? We're lucky if we can muster more than a couple of shots on goal these days. But what seems to piss most people off the most is the repetitive mistakes from individuals that cost points and games. That topic gets a fair bit of coverage and when those repetitive errors cost us, chances are we're on the losing end. And it's legitimate to wonder why any manager puts up with it.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will just always be more confident in speaking about the negatives because there’s enough evidence to suggest they’re right. It’s difficult to be wholeheartedly positive when there’s so much evidence to the contrary. Talking points are always discussed anyway, win, lose or draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    People will just always be more confident in speaking about the negatives because there’s enough evidence to suggest they’re right. It’s difficult to be wholeheartedly positive when there’s so much evidence to the contrary. Talking points are always discussed anyway, win, lose or draw.
    yes we all know what the plus points are - a handful of young exciting players like Saka, Martinelli (remember him?), Holding (or him?) etc

but there's not much chance to talk positively about them as they either don't get picked or their performances are overwhelmed by all the shite going on around them, caused by rubbish teammates and the rubbish manager who picked the lineup

and then there's the mafia types running the club and lining the pockets of their agent mates in every transfer window

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus, who doesn’t love a fucking good rant to get things off their chest? I don’t speak about football with any great detail with my friends and family so this is a good platform for me to do so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one's going to get excited about a handful of wins against teams we should be beating anyway. We didn't even play well in those wins.

The positivity will only come when there's a genuine sign of improvement. For Arsenal fans there's not much to look forward to at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    No one's going to get excited about a handful of wins against teams we should be beating anyway. We didn't even play well in those wins.

The positivity will only come when there's a genuine sign of improvement. For Arsenal fans there's not much to look forward to at the moment.
    You're right, we largely pubbed the wins, especually at Wolves who were awful that day