User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Match Reaction v Spuds (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Very different time, I believed in that team, they had some steel, could upset the odds and they did, the league wasn't but the cup runs were really good and very exciting IMO, as I said we ditched the league, went on a bad run then won 7-1 against Wednesday in one game
    That was a different season.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    That was a different season.
    Actually yeah it was, my bad, that was the season after we won the title.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Very different time, I believed in that team, they had some steel, could upset the odds and they did
    This is actually true, they did have the ability to raise it on occasion and while no, the cup runs weren't exciting games - it was one of the worst Cup Semi-Finals and Finals ever - it was obviously exciting to win both Cups and it did mitigate what was in general a bloody awful season.

as I said we ditched the league, went on a bad run
    We didn't "ditch" the league. I mean, maybe it affected results at some point in the season but by mid-January we were already in the middle of a horrible run about which I can't imagine the way you'd have been whining had GW existed at the time. It was a run which saw is win 1 game out of 11 in the league and that was mostly before we'd really got anywhere in the cups. We were very much mid-table and had no chance of the title, the top 4 wasn't a thing then so there really wasn't anything for us to ditch.

I think when people said anyone, they didn't literally mean anyone, that was just a manner of speakig, they meant anyone half decent who was able to make logical decisions and assess a players ability properly.
    Which is fine, except every time I said "well, obviously that isn't true" they doubled down and told me to stop sucking Wenger's cock
    As I said, I wasn't expecting miracles from Arteta. I don't entirely disagree with some of the criticism being levelled at him but football fans have been criticising managers forever, even when things are generally going well, the slightest blip and the toys come out of the pram.
    Is there someone available who would be a clear improvement? Emery was in theory a step up from Arteta and that didn't go well.

PS: I see WMUG has picked you up on the Wednesday game. That was a weird one. Boring boring Arsenal for something like 75 minutes then Campbell scored and all hell broke loose!