User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Spuds (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    We need to.stop.daydreaming. No elite players are co.ing to Arsenal. If we are sacking tea ladies to save 10k. How are we going g to pay even the outrageous wages most of these slackers are on right now. We either catch some still elite players like Rakitic on his way down and still affordable on maybe 100kpw or we unearth some more gems like Martinelli. We have had 3 seasons of Auba now and he has won us nothing. Not even could he put away a pen that could have made CL qualification and he regularly balloons gilt edged chances. Are we going g to give him 3 years on 300k for that when income without crowds will likely be down 30 or 40 %.

I am pissed with all these high paid wasters. Nobody is going to offer Auba 300kpw. Yet we always bargain as if a bullet is loaded in chamber at every meeting. At least let's get our money's worth. Right now that isn't happening. Of course it will make no difference up front if we persist with our calamity midfield and horror defence.
    you really can't lay the blame at Auba's door, just look at how many goals he scores from out on the left wing and with a generally crap team around him - it's a miracle tbh

but you're right we should be grown up in any negotiations and not just chuck too much money at him, after all at some point he could slow down dramatically - just look how shite laca's been this season (one good goal on sunday doesn't forgive a bucketload of misses)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This season has been a car crash, with Emery and with Arteta (who hasn't been much better if at all better.

Awful football (probably gotten worse since Arteta has arrived as he's reverted to the 2016 team spirit and pass pass nonsense) which is probably even more of a bore than when Wenger had us playing because it now involves no atttack, defending is still as calamitous (and we still have a manager who seems to be happy to put his faith in liability and worse still encourage the club to sign them up on new contracts (first Luiz and now Mustafi it seems), midfield non existent and now the attack is toothless, I must say Arteta is doing a splendid job, not only can we still not defend, but now we can't attack either.

Results have been awful as well by in large, yes we've got to odd decent result, but that's scattered amongst many abysmal ones. If you needed any evidence that employing a rookie was a mistake I think you're seeing it, since the day he arrived we've not moved up in the league at all (in fact we may have fallen lower) and we got knocked out of the EL by an average team to boot.

Do we trust the board to do anything in the summer, of course not, with the Coronavirus thing they have the perfect excuse not to invest, on top of that if we're relying on recommendations from Arteta we're in trouble as the guy seems to rate Xhaka, Luiz and Mustafi 3 of the biggest liabilites at the club, he was also all too happy not to pick Martinelli, one of the few bright spots, he was probably saving him of course, saving him until he got injured.

All in all it's be a great season, we don't know how lucky we are tbh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    This season has been a car crash, with Emery and with Arteta (who hasn't been much better if at all better.
    Oh here he is.
    Didn't see you posting over the last 5 games. First defeat and here you come running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Oh here he is.
    Didn't see you posting over the last 5 games. First defeat and here you come running.

He's right though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    He's right though...
    And being criticized by the chap who confesses to not even bothering to watch the matches
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    He's right though...
    He is mostly right. This season has been a car crash. 50 points after 35 games. 51 goals scored
    Course, in the "thoroughly enjoyable" 92/93 season we also had 50 points at this stage and had only scored 35 goals.
    But hey, maybe Zim is waiting to see if we win the FA Cup [spoiler: not a chance] before deciding whether this season has been "thoroughly enjoyable" after all?

I don't have much time for someone who only comes on here for drive by whining and doesn't post at all after good results. Where were his posts and analysis after the run of wins? Especially after years spent saying how bad Wenger was, trying to rewrite history and saying and how anyone would come in and do better and...

In brief: He's a troll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He is mostly right. This season has been a car crash. 50 points after 35 games. 51 goals scored
    Course, in the "thoroughly enjoyable" 92/93 season we also had 50 points at this stage and had only scored 35 goals.
    But hey, maybe Zim is waiting to see if we win the FA Cup [spoiler: not a chance] before deciding whether this season has been "thoroughly enjoyable" after all?

I don't have much time for someone who only comes on here for drive by whining and doesn't post at all after good results. Where were his posts and analysis after the run of wins? Especially after years spent saying how bad Wenger was, trying to rewrite history and saying and how anyone would come in and do better and...

In brief: He's a troll.
    Letters, he is right!

This is just a repeat of the same stuff where some of us got crucified for daring to suggest Wenger should go many years ago when it was evident he was doing more damage than good.

Things aren't rosy at Arsenal, we have major structural problems and I don't think what Zim is saying is wrong TBH, everybody knows we have problems...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Letters, he is right!
    He is mostly right. But when we won 4 games in a row...not a peep from him. Literally not a single post.
    The first defeat and here he comes running like Roy Keane to a referee when Utd just conceded a penalty back in the day.
    This is the same person who retrospectively declared the 92/93 season "thoroughly enjoyable" when, as I have shown, our league results that year were just as bad as this one so far. He did so based on the cup wins which were admittedly the cherry on top of a complete shit pie of a season. But hey, we're still in the FA Cup. If we win it will this season become "thoroughly enjoyable"? (Obviously we won't win the FA Cup, but just supposing)
    He's just a perennial whiner and WUM.

This is just a repeat of the same stuff where some of us got crucified for daring to suggest Wenger should go many years ago when it was evident he was doing more damage than good.
    The mood changed over time. Initially yes, there was some "be careful what you wish for"ing. After what Wenger did in the early years and with the whole complication of the stadium move he was afforded some understandable patience. I'll admit I was too late to the "Wenger Out" party but I continued to rail against the idea that he was some bumbling idiot and that anyone would come in and do better. I consistently said that we had other problems that removing Wenger wouldn't fix. And look where we are now. Which doesn't mean I wish we'd kept Wenger. I agree he stayed too long even if I disagree with many about how much too long. But the squad he left us with did OK last season. It was something to build on. It's only this year that Emery has completely bolloxed things up. Wenger doesn't get off scott free but as I said we did OK last year with mostly his squad so it can't entirely be his fault either. This season is significantly worse than any Wenger season .

Things aren't rosy at Arsenal, we have major structural problems and I don't think what Zim is saying is wrong TBH, everybody knows we have problems...
    It's not that what he's saying is all wrong, it's the fact that he pops up here after every bad result to whine about how awful everything is.
    There's no nuance, no analysis, no sense that he's actually pleased when we get good results. Just endless whining. Nothing that lends itself to any debate.

My take is for all our problems, Arteta has done OK. He's not worked miracles but did we really expect him to? Unless there's a really world class manager out there who we could get for next season I say let's give him a full season before throwing him to the wolves. I don't want us to be a revolving door club, endlessly chopping and changing things. Had results got even worse since he joined then it's a different conversation, but they haven't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why can't he come here and sound off when the team chucks games away, like they did against the spuds? Maybe he uses the place to voice his frustration, rather than on an everyday basis. So what? Is that against the rules?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Why can't he come here and sound off when the team chucks games away, like they did against the spuds? Maybe he uses the place to voice his frustration, rather than on an everyday basis. So what? Is that against the rules?
    He doesn't do that. He has a long and boring history of trolling