User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Xhaka doesn't make stupid mistakes leading to goals as much, so that's an improvement. I also agree that his passing has improved a bit.

Still don't think he's good enough. High up the list of players that need to be replaced.
    Quite, he may not be such a disaster area as he was, but that's the best that can be said

He's too slow, too clumsy, and too dumb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What can you do? This is what we have to work with at the moment.

We can all see that we need more power, dynamism, creativity and goals from midfield, and god willing we’ll somehow find a way to add it this summer, but unfortunately that doesn’t help us get through what’s left of this season. Right now Xhaka is probably our most consistent and reliable CM so he gets picked. What else is there to say?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I don’t think any individual game tells you where you are.
    The season as a whole does that and I think we know where we are which is a million miles away from really competing.
    It was refreshing to hear Arteta admit as much after the game. I like what Arteta says and while he hasn’t performed miracles did you really expect him to with our squad?
    My only concern is whether he is taking is in the right direction. Few tentative signs that he might be.
    We’ll know more next season.
    We’re definitely going in the right direction - all of the stats show that. Unfortunately the teams above us just haven’t been dropping enough points for it to have made much of a difference to out league position, but the way I see it we were in total free-fall before Arteta took over, so the fact that we’ve kept pace, and maybe even clawed back a bit of ground, is proof that we’ve turned something around...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    What can you do? This is what we have to work with at the moment.

We can all see that we need more power, dynamism, creativity and goals from midfield, and god willing we’ll somehow find a way to add it this summer, but unfortunately that doesn’t help us get through what’s left of this season. Right now Xhaka is probably our most consistent and reliable CM so he gets picked. What else is there to say?
    What is there to say. Is that Xhaka shout not be a part of our midfield going into the new season otherwise we will be lamenting his crappiness for another year. No other top team has a lummox like him in their team. We have suffered him long enough. If Artets keeps him. He loses me Immediately.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    What is there to say. Is that Xhaka shout not be a part of our midfield going into the new season otherwise we will be lamenting his crappiness for another year. No other top team has a lummox like him in their team. We have suffered him long enough. If Artets keeps him. He loses me Immediately.
    I’m not that fussed if he stays or goes, tbh, just as long as we bring in better. What narcs me more than anything is that he ends up as a guaranteed starter every week almost by default because we don’t have much else to turn to. But that’s not down to him.

That being said, if he’s not a guaranteed starter then £100k/wk is a lot to be paying a squad player, especially when you don’t have match day revenue or European football. And that goes for at least 7 other players in the squad too!