User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Man City (neutral)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m starting to think Martinez could actually be better than Leno. At the risk of jinxing him, it has to be said that he looks like a beast. I can’t remember the last time we had a keeper so commanding and the fact he doesn’t parry shots either is even better. Tidy as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’m starting to think Martinez could actually be better than Leno. At the risk of jinxing him, it has to be said that he looks like a beast. I can’t remember the last time we had a keeper so commanding and the fact he doesn’t parry shots either is even better. Tidy as fuck.
    He’s been superb.

Loved AMN yesterday. He’s no worldie, but he did his job.

Ironically, despite the goals, I get really frustrated with Auba. His ball retention in build up play, and passing ability, are pretty infuriating for a high profile player.
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great result yesterday in a game that actually matters, thought we defended well and Aubamenyang was razor sharp, shows the value of having an out and out goalscorer, without him we wouldn't have won that match and we'd be in trouble in the league.

Laczette also played well and has been recently, his touches and general play have been fantastic recently. Tierney looks really good too as does Martinez ad thought Pepe ws very good again.

Great to beat City, I think they really miss Aguero and really need to find a replacement, their defence also needs some work, but we were good for the win yesterday.

Hard to say who we'd rather play, Man U have looked pretty good recently, Fernandes is a bit of a world beater who can scored and create.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fancy another crack at Chelsea - we lost that first game against them mostly because we were pitifully unfit, and by match 2 we gave them a serious game with 10 men.

United or on a roll at the moment - I think that one could be tougher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I know is that Mustafi tackle, against United would be a 100pc penalty. Who will drill it in that idiots head that you dont dive in while in the penalty box. He just cant help himself. United are given penalties even when they trip over untied laces.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 19-07-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mustafi weren’t suffering from some form of PTSD after 4 years in our defence? He has that haunted look of someone who’s seen too much in the field and now can’t adapt to normal life - any loud noise and he’s back in the trenches...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mustafi weren’t suffering from some form of PTSD after 4 years in our defence? He has that haunted look of someone who’s seen too much in the field and now can’t adapt to normal life - any loud noise and he’s back in the trenches...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How delicious would it be if Sp*rs are 7th and we knock them out of Europe by winning the FA cup. That would make this painful season end on a positive note.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Mustafi isn't good enough for any club with any real aspirations for sustained success and don't let anyone on here forget it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unai Tea View Post
    How delicious would it be if Sp*rs are 7th and we knock them out of Europe by winning the FA cup. That would make this painful season end on a positive note.
    I would like it if the scum got Europa League football, especially if they have to get in via qualification