User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Match Reaction v Man City (neutral)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not like it's his business to talk about that stuff anyway, that's a corporate thing, he's just upset that Arteta got the better of him

Having said that i think we were a bit shoddy in the way we tapped up Arteta, it's Raul's mafia-like approach coming through again
    Last edited by Mac76; 21-07-2020 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitter cunt.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man City are clearly the real victims here. You lot all owe Man City an apology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Pep! As if he needs this on top of all the other challenges he has to deal with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    No, i think he'll come good, he was very influential yesterday
    Yeah, I’d like another year to see what he can do - he’s clearly not a £70m player, but he’s also walked into an absolute shambles this season, so I think you’ve got to cut him a bit of slack. I’d like to be sure about him before we can him off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

I hate my new sense of optimism around Arteta and the team because we are all used to the wheels coming off soon after.

However, if Arteta can get Luiz and Mustafi playing well he should do very well with Saliba, Holding, Chambers and Mari.

In addition, and as mentioned above, our transfer funds will need to come from the players he moves out. Therefore, the longer he makes Mustafi and Luiz look good, the more money we should receive.

We should then focus on shifting out wasters like Ozil. We will be able to put that £350,000 a week to good use. Maybe shift Pepe as well.
    Considering we haven’t seen a great deal of Mari, Holding, Tierney, Soares and Martinez this season (and nothing of Saliba), we’ve already got the makings of a new look defence there. Don’t know how good it will turn out to be, but I’d be very tempted to run with it for a season and blow the entire summer budget on central midfield this summer.

Anyone who is on north of £90k/wk and isn’t guaranteed to be a starter after we’ve gone shopping is in the firing line, imo, and that could include some shock names (depending on how desperate for cash we are).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post

I hate my new sense of optimism around Arteta and the team because we are all used to the wheels coming off soon after.

However, if Arteta can get Luiz and Mustafi playing well he should do very well with Saliba, Holding, Chambers and Mari.

In addition, and as mentioned above, our transfer funds will need to come from the players he moves out. Therefore, the longer he makes Mustafi and Luiz look good, the more money we should receive.

We should then focus on shifting out wasters like Ozil. We will be able to put that £350,000 a week to good use. Maybe shift Pepe as well.
    And after the Villa game, my optimism disappears like a rat up a fucking drain pipe. Fuck it.