User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Downing goes to Liverpool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think you missed the point mate, it's not excitment, it's relief the story about us wasn't true

downing is average, so well done liverpool for wasting huge money on pointless players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Downing is quite good personally, decent crosser and was very good at Middlesborough. If he can re discover his form he could turn out to be a decent signing.

Moreover they badly needed some width and he gives them that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsMe View Post
    I think Downing is quite good personally, decent crosser and was very good at Middlesborough. If he can re discover his form he could turn out to be a decent signing.

Seen him at a few matches and is a mardy, sulky little biatch, certainly disappears if not getting run of play or his team up against it, he looked good at Boro as the rest were shite and the TV cameras were on. Lucky escape and Wenger would deserv to be sacked for spending £20m on him tbh.
    Society is now one polished horde
    Formed by two mighty tribes, the bores and the bored.

"After all, it was the Gunners’ goalkeeper who started the move that culminated in Thomas’ crowning glory. It was Lukic who, in injury time, decided to throw the ball out to Lee Dixon rather than lump it long..."

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirjackofwilshere View Post
    Thank god is all I can say. Are Liverpool aiming for the most expensively assembled, distinctly average collection of English players in history? Laughable the way the King Kenny romantics has their fans in a trance. Woy was hung, drawn and quartered for buying the same quality of players...pff at least he didn't have to spend a fortune though.
    I won't argue with the rest as it's all opinion but what?!

And I don't believe the fee is £20m either, probably a bit less. But that's beside the point.
    Last edited by Shaqiri Is Boss; 14-07-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt have minded him here but not for £20m. Was very good last season at Villa. Far better than Young who is shit.

Man Utd

Resident Liverpool Fan Shaqiri Is Boss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess it can't be judged for another 2/3 seasons. If we get back into the CL then it may be viewed differently, as well as whether he can bring others into the game.

£16m for Young in the last year of his contract is just as bad, imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's overpriced and that he's a bit crap but you could take away 5M for British tax, to be fair, and 15M for a steady player in the Premiership going to a top side is hardly unregular.

That said, if he and Henderson get the best out of Carroll all the money spent will be a bargain.

The King Is Back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end Liverpool needed width, if he performs well enough it will be money well spent.

They've lack that for a while so it's addressing a problem area at least.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Downing was right footed he'd be a Championship player. And if he was right footed and not English we'd probably never have heard of him!

Very, very average player in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the end Liverpool needed width, if he performs well enough it will be money well spent.

They've lack that for a while so it's addressing a problem area at least.
    Yeah, that was why I was amazed that Rieira got such short shrift, whilst he was in the team they got themselves into a position of challenging for the title, not due to him actually being any good but he stayed wide and stretched the play so Gerrard and Tores could do their thang in the middle. If Downing can help them similarly, he may well be worth it imo.