Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Raul Sanllehi

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LDG View Post
    Well thats put the fucking mockers on that.
    I don't have that kind of Imaginary Internet Power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Absolutely no chance.
    Well thats good and it now seems that Arteta will have the final say on transfers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fans, players (current and former), owners, exec team and media all love Arteta - he’ll have time and backing here while he’s making a name for himself as a coach.

If he went to Barca he’d be out of a job by Christmas, and he knows it. 100% not happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    I am surprised you don't know Don Raul.

He's got the best voice
    He’s no Morgan Freeman but it is quite good tbf.
    I still have no idea what he actually did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    I think Raul has been played here by Edu & Kia. Edu clearly calls the shot now, but with Kia having such a big influence he is covertly having a big say in our moves.

Im not entirely happy about this, but if we can secure some of the well known targets we are chasing then I’m cool with things as they are up till a point.
    I don’t think there’s any great conspiracy here - as they said on Le Grove, the guy was just a chancer, plain and simple, and he got found out. Nothing he did was clever or impressive - it doesn’t take any skill to get in the phone to a super-agent, accept any player they have available and get butt-fucked on the deal - and as Head of Football he clearly had no vision or plan for the club and didn’t really know what he was doing (which is probably why he leant on agents for answers). Ultimately he made a notoriously frugal billionaire look like a mug in public when all these stories started to leak, and that was only going to end one way.

Likewise with Edu, I don’t think there’s any great conspiracy there (not on his part, anyway) - if anything, I suspect it’s been the other way round, and Kia has used his relationship with Edu to weasel his way into an introduction to Raul, a known contacts man, so he can completely bypass his client. Whether Edu is competent as Technical Director I couldn’t say - jury’s still out on that - but it sounds like he works closely with Arteta so I hope he has the club’s best interests at heart? At the very least, the owners clearly have eyes on what’s going on now in the form of Tim Lewis, so you’d have to be special kind of stupid to try ripping the club off at the moment.
    Last edited by I am invisible; 16-08-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He’s no Morgan Freeman but it is quite good tbf.
    I still have no idea what he actually did
    Yeah, that’s kind of the problem - I’m not sure anyone knows what he did... and he’s the guy who was running the club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    At the very least, the owners clearly have eyes on what’s going on now in the form of Tim Lewis, so you’d have to be special kind of stupid to try ripping the club off at the moment.
    Yeah people like to have a go at the Kroenkes but it was them who put a stop to Raul's plan to offer Emery a new contract, and now they've ditched him, let's give them some credit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the Vinai interview, nothing surprising but is it really true to say there are 'hundreds of millions' of Arsenal fans worldwide?

Maybe we've done better in those Far Eastern 'markets' than i thought we had...

https://www.arsenal.com/news/intervi...ai-venkatesham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Yeah people like to have a go at the Kroenkes but it was them who put a stop to Raul's plan to offer Emery a new contract, and now they've ditched him, let's give them some credit
    Something seems to have sparked the Kroenkes into life this last summer because up until then their interest in the goings on at this club has been minimal and their reactions absolutely glacial.

I don’t know whether gaining 100% control has made a difference to their ambitions, or maybe it’s just that the people they’ve left in charge since Wenger have made them look like idiots, but whatever the reason I welcome their increased interest and oversight. If nothing else it’s at least an indication that they have some kind of ambitions for us, Even if it’s just to be decent, and won’t tolerate abject failure and incompetence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Here's the Vinai interview, nothing surprising but is it really true to say there are 'hundreds of millions' of Arsenal fans worldwide?

Maybe we've done better in those Far Eastern 'markets' than i thought we had...

https://www.arsenal.com/news/intervi...ai-venkatesham
    Ok, sure - he comes across ok. Sounds genuine, and sounds like an Arsenal man. That’s all good. Same as with Edu I guess - jury’s still out, but he gets a clean slate and a fresh start to show that he’s the right man for their job...