User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matteo Guendouzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matteo Guendouzi

I read a few articles today that Arteta would be giving Guendouzi another chance at Arsenal.

For me, I reckon that would be a good move. He is a bit raw but has the heart and shows some good skills to become a very decent player for us. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a good player but apparently his attitude is shit.

If he can knuckle down I'm all for keeping him.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he can channel being a cunt in the right way to help the team, then I don’t mind him staying. I’m all for having a little shit out there who will scrap for everything and wind up opponents. Cesc was great at that.

The trouble is he seems a bit too big for his boots, if he’s ready to show a bit of humility then great. If not then take 30-40m and move on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not convinced it’s any more than attempt to make us look less desperate to sell, but we’ll see.

It’s a shame it’s got to this point because I really think he could learn a lot from Arteta, if he’d just shut up and listen. Wouldn’t be against him getting another chance, if he’s actually serious about it, but I don’t want him anywhere near the group if he’s going to keep acting like a 2yo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems we are stuck with him. We have spent all summer whoreing all over Europe and not one team wants to touch him.

He needs us way more than we need him.

United just signed that Van De Beek from Ajax for what 37mill. Guendouzi is worth 20mill max, he hasn’t achieved anything yet.
    Last edited by selassie; 01-09-2020 at 12:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he will leave still, despite Arteta's public comments I think the bridges are well and truly burned.

But it could well end up being a loan move, as with a lot of the players we are trying to flog.

It's just a terrible time to be trying to sell your rejects, other than the small group of clubs with no budget constraints, no one else has any money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i still remember him coming on and having that driving run against Villa and winning us a pel, plus he was the only one (apart from Leno himself) having a go when Leno got taken out

we need someone who's prepared to instill some energy, and stand up for his teammates

sure maybe he's misdirected that anger once or twice but if anyone can turn him round it's Arteta - maybe he'll have seen the team win trophies and want to knuckle down and be part of it.

Arteta's sorted out seemingly difficult characters like AMN already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't get quality that will sit in reserve these days, apart from Ozil who takes it too far and never shows up anyway. So journeymen like Gwen are important for the squad. He's not much of a player, good heart, good engine, that's about it. But considering how many injuries we always get, you need bodies who will plug the gaps. Although with El Neny suddenly appearing again I guess he could do that too.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much. Not having complete shit to fill in the inevitable gaps is the best we can hope for under the current circumstances.

The only market right now is the state and oligarch owned teams.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    apparently EL Neny did ok in the Charity shield, i actually used to like him as i thought he was solid, but he came to represent the safe passing-sideways stuff that's not good enough when we are the team that needs to create - we've got good tactics against big sides but we need to show we can undo the likes of Bumley and Brighton, meaning players who can move the ball quickly through midfields and defences