User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (neutral).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AFTV - for the fans. And every video opens with an advert. Lend us a tenner Robbie.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Get rid then. It's super important to get a settled eleven and much better if that's eleven team players rather than individuals. Trouble is, football is more about the money than anything else now, so I wonder how simple it is to even find eleven team players these days.
    I think it’s a confidence thing with AMN and Emi - I don’t doubt either player’s commitment when they pull on the shirt or their love for the club, but on some level I don’t think they’re letting themselves believe that they can keep their places as first choice players, and because they don’t have that confidence they’re probably looking at this as the best chance they’ll ever have to secure good moves, hot on the heels of two trophies and good runs of individual form.

Both of them need to have a little more faith in themselves, IMO - if they keep playing like this then they keep their places, it’s that simple. And someone needs to explain to them that that fear of losing their places is exactly the attitude we want from everyone at the club - if anything it gives you an edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay, I guess
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WMUG View Post
    Yay, I guess
    You guess correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I think it’s a confidence thing with AMN and Emi - I don’t doubt either player’s commitment when they pull on the shirt or their love for the club, but on some level I don’t think they’re letting themselves believe that they can keep their places as first choice players, and because they don’t have that confidence they’re probably looking at this as the best chance they’ll ever have to secure good moves, hot on the heels of two trophies and good runs of individual form.

Both of them need to have a little more faith in themselves, IMO - if they keep playing like this then they keep their places, it’s that simple. And someone needs to explain to them that that fear of losing their places is exactly the attitude we want from everyone at the club - if anything it gives you an edge.
    Bit weird they need that explained to them though, as professional footballers. Might it be more a case of attempting to force by contract what they should be earning by merit? Which would signify a pretty bad attitude? And then, of course, you have to consider the agents and the fact they do nothing in the best interests of the club - quite the contrary. Corporatism and sport don't mix, if you value any of the traditional characteristics of football that made it local and fan focused. I mean look at that shitty excuse for a shirt we were wearing today. Adds a whole new meaning to playing for the shirt.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AMN has been called up to the England squad so another couple of mil on the price tag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post

if you value any of the traditional characteristics of football that made it local and fan focused.
    AFC Wimbledon mate. Not even joking.
    You used to be everything to me
    Now you're tired of fighting

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC highlights on in 20 minutes.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Showing highlights of the women's too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winning

Spufs fuckinlol
    It's better to burn out, than to fade away.