User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Match Reaction v Fulham (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    That Hector for Fulham is a nasty player. He was trying to stamp on the player after each tackle. He was trying to make it look innocent - not looking where he was stamping his foot so if he did catch the other player, he could make out it was accidental. He just knows that he will get the occasional hit.

This is a technique that Fellaini and others use with the flailing arms, elbowing the other player. Same method - you always swing your elbow without looking. You know that the chances are you will often catch the opponent but since you weren't looking, you get away with it. Very cynical and unpleasant.
    In England this is bravery and honesty.

This is why I don't mind card-waving or exaggerating contact when it's necessary. Officials let this sort of stuff go right next to the incident and don't seem to have the nous to know which players are clearly repeat-offending thugs who should be punished.

Card-waving is more harmful to an opponent than stamps, elbows, needless shoves and barging them into the hoardings apparently.
    Last edited by Master Splinter; 14-09-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, leave poor Hector alone! He was just being honest.

If you’re not careful, you could end up hurting his feelings and making him feel bad! Do you want another Ryan Shawcross on your conscience? DO YOU?!! It has to stop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it's like poor ol' Sonofabitch who's always so honest and upset after he breaks someone's leg, there's no way he meant to go in studs-up like that on several occasions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly! I mean, they may have gone out with the intention of deliberately hurting someone, but that doesn’t mean they meant to hurt them. It certainly doesn’t mean they wanted anyone to make them feel bad about it afterwards!

If you think about it, these guys are the real victims here.