User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (away)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    It is sickening how we have approached these games like a smalltime club.

We may now be small time, but we shouldn't approach games in that manner.
    We aren’t small time, but we aren’t at Liverpool’s level either.
    I’d rather see a performance like I did tonight in the second half than us go there, try and attack them and get completely spanked.
    Laca should have equalised, after that...well, we’d probably have still lost but I thought the performance, or the part I saw, was pretty decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Only saw the second half and thought we did ok.
    it was better than the first half but that's really not saying much - actually it's not saying anything at all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    We aren’t small time, but we aren’t at Liverpool’s level either.
    I’d rather see a performance like I did tonight in the second half than us go there, try and attack them and get completely spanked.
    Laca should have equalised, after that...well, we’d probably have still lost but I thought the performance, or the part I saw, was pretty decent.
    The first half was record breaking on how impotent we were. It literally was.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    It is sickening how we have approached these games like a smalltime club.

We may now be small time, but we shouldn't approach games in that manner.
    Better that than this nonsense.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46656883

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We could have saved all this nonsense by forfeiting the match.

There is no point turning up and approaching the game in the way we did today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are still one of the worst teams for conceding straight after we've taken the lead.

Poor concentration, mentality and most of all poor technique, which is the biggest offender in most of our mistakes. Better players and trusting some of the younger players would make a big difference. It's early in the season obviously, but these have been our biggest issues in recent years. Despite improved performances, the costy mistakes are still coming from the experienced players. I hope Arteta doesn't continue to fall into the trap of being conservative in his team selection and eventually gives the younger players with more dynamism and upside to their game a proper chance. Otherwise, we're just stuck in an eternal mediocre loop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a balancing act in terms of how these games should be approached as you don’t want to go gung ho and get spanked. However what we saw tonight is pretty much now our only tactic in these games because we’ve seen it multiple times. We created one chance in the entire match, the rest was just hopeful rubbish which as I said is what you see from teams at the bottom of the league who play to avoid defeat, rather than win. In fact some of them cause more problems for the top sides than we ever do because they’re not as afraid to have a go as we are.

Maybe Partey or Aouar could change that. We’ll see but I hope this isn’t going to be Arteta’s identity as a coach going forward and he’s just waiting on more players who fit his mould.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 28-09-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McNamara That Ghost... View Post
    Klopp finally gets one over Verdasco.

I don't really care to be honest.

On we go, Anfield next up.
    Arteta out TBH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool are a much better team than us, I think only Auba would get in their starting XI from our current team, the rest wouldn’t have a hope, many of them wouldn’t even make Liverpool’s bench.

There is no shame in losing to them, they are the best team in the country by a distance, we aren’t even in the top 6 at the minute. Arteta is doing good work and IF we secure Aouar & Partey then we should improve significantly as a team but there is still plenty of work to do.

We are still very early in our rebuild phase, achieving top 4 even this season would be huge for us because right now we are not a CL level team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird game, as neither team was really that sharp. We weren't horrible, terrible, or any off that really. This game just highlighted our weaknesses.

Central Midfield(Xhaka), and until that gets fixed, we are going to have games like this.

Our defending, which has improved, but today shows they still need some work. Like 3 players don't need to track 1 player over and over again, leaving gaps throughout the back

Goalie, Leno has now decided to be crap

And lastly Willian was at fault for the 2nd goal, completely lost sight off Robertson