User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Liverpool (away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobson's choice View Post
    Weird game, as neither team was really that sharp. We weren't horrible, terrible, or any off that really. This game just highlighted our weaknesses.

Central Midfield(Xhaka), and until that gets fixed, we are going to have games like this.

Our defending, which has improved, but today shows they still need some work. Like 3 players don't need to track 1 player over and over again, leaving gaps throughout the back

Goalie, Leno has now decided to be crap

And lastly Willian was at fault for the 2nd goal, completely lost sight off Robertson
    True about Leno. Another clean sheet tonight for Martinez

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leno has been pretty average all along tbf. Good shot stopper, but that's about all. We tend to get excited at Arsenal if the keeper isn't Almunia.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Leno has been pretty average all along tbf. Good shot stopper, but that's about all. We tend to get excited at Arsenal if the keeper isn't Almunia.
    Leno literally refuses to come off his line for crosses, his command of the box is the complete opposite of Martinez. Sad considering the best keepers in PL are all great at commanding their box.

Leno is a decent enough shot shopper, but his performance last night was poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know who is going to come in and teach out knuckleheads not to disintegrate like wet biscuits when under pressure. Soon as the pressure is on we panic, start heading or passing the ball to the very attackers putting us under pressure. It would be hilarious if not so pathetic. Nothing really has changed in 2006.
    Ok on we go. So who do we have next.......Who?......Ah shit!
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    considering we normally take a right hammering at anfield. At least we stayed organised and hung in there. Even had a chance to equalise. But thought liverpool were very good. But they provide a model to aim at no point people moaning about financial doping as good recruitment and training can win out.

October looks tricky though liverpool again sheff u city Leicester and united

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Leno literally refuses to come off his line for crosses, his command of the box is the complete opposite of Martinez. Sad considering the best keepers in PL are all great at commanding their box.

Leno is a decent enough shot shopper, but his performance last night was poor.
    it was a real mistake to let go of Martinez and keep Leno as number 1, also a terrible mistake to bring Sideshow Bob back in instead of Gabriel

and a third terrible mistake to have xhaka alongside elneny - when he came on, ceballos immediately showed why he should have started

arteta got this one wrong - very wrong

if we'd given Liverpool more to worry about going forward it wouldn't have been anywhere near as one-sided as it turned out - i'll say again, Liverpool didn't even play very well
    Last edited by Mac76; 29-09-2020 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect Liverpool would probably still have won, but you do wonder how different the game would have been if Mane had been sent off in the second minute as he should have been.

so glad that VAR is there to give some nonsense penalty decisions but ignore a clear elbow to the face. What’s the fucking point of it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The annoying thing for me is that it’s not even just away at the top sides we see this kind of performance. It was the same against West Ham and there have been plenty of other occasions where it’s very much safety first. Maybe this is what we needed to improve structurally but it’s certainly not football I get any joy from watching, for years Arsenal have always been about creativity but that seems to be a thing of the past now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought we'd play more positively after winning the FA Cup and also Community shield, as Arteta now has enough goodwill in the bank to be bolder, but am disappointed in how conservative he's being

he's not giving attacking players like Saka and Ceballos enough time on the pitch
    Last edited by Mac76; 29-09-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    I suspect Liverpool would probably still have won, but you do wonder how different the game would have been if Mane had been sent off in the second minute as he should have been.

so glad that VAR is there to give some nonsense penalty decisions but ignore a clear elbow to the face. What’s the fucking point of it?
    The more replays I have seen the worse it looks. Think it was quite deliberate and should have been a red.