User Tag List

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Non home grown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Ozil got slaughtered for that, didn't he? In the media and by the fans and here on this forum. I never checked, but did the club speak out on this, or did they leave him to twist? That, I suspect, would have (at least partly) informed his later decision to dive into the dinosaur issue. I don't know, did they club ever say, fair enough, each player must choose? Or did they leave him to twist?
    The club left him to rot because he refused to do what they wanted him to do, he was the only ONE!

You think Arsenal FC is the only business asking their staff to take wage cuts?

Refusal to follow instruction in a normal business results in a disciplinary procedure!

P.S. It's not Ozil's issue to dive into re: Gunnersaurus, he's an absolute twat if you ask me. He makes himself look like a complete cunt by refusing to do what all other First team players did, then months down the line wade into something that has nothing to do with him!
    Last edited by selassie; 16-10-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasn't the only player to refuse to take a cut - or at least for some more information before he did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    He wasn't the only player to refuse to take a cut - or at least for some more information before he did.
    Correct, there were 3. But Ozil was the only one to wade into the Gunnersaurus debate!

He was likely the only player out of the 3 that sits at home doing Sweet FA too.

Edited to add:

Didn't Bellerin step in and get 2 of the 3 to agree to take the paycut, obviously Ozil wasn't one of those 2 of 3.

I'll try and dig out the articles regarding Bellerin stepping in...I am sure I read it somewhere.

Taking paycuts for anybody regardless of what you earn is not a nice thing but it's happened to many of us through COVID 19 myself included, my contract rate now is a lot lower than what it is was pre-COVID 19.
    Last edited by selassie; 16-10-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    NQ, read through my posts...try and understand the points I am making on redundancies, cost cutting, severance packages. Redundancies through COVID 19 are not as simplistic as you are making it out to be. What you and Zim are saying on face value makes sense, but without having access to both financial and personal information regarding the redundancies / cost cutting your points are largely neither here nor there.
    You're arguing it from a practical angle, which I understand. I'm arguing it from a public relations, cultural angle. And, for me, the club doesn't come out of this well in those terms. It comes out looking like what it is, detached from the bigger issues and entirely self absorbed. Tone deaf. Not that I'm saying I expected it to be different. I know why they are doing what they are doing. They don't make a secret of it. Everything has been sacrificed for sustainability. The relationship with the fans, the culture, the results, the quality on the pitch, the competitiveness, everything. It's what we've all been complaining about for years. And for me, this is just an expected continuation of it.

I actually don't care that much about it. Probably arguing for argument's sake. I don't expect anything respectable from Arsenal these days and I'm never disappointed.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The club left him to rot because he refused to do what they wanted him to do, he was the only ONE!

You think Arsenal FC is the only business asking their staff to take wage cuts?

Refusal to follow instruction in a normal business results in a disciplinary procedure!

P.S. It's not Ozil's issue to dive into re: Gunnersaurus, he's an absolute twat if you ask me. He makes himself look like a complete cunt by refusing to do what all other First team players did, then months down the line wade into something that has nothing to do with him!
    No. But wasn't Ozil the only player who was dragged through the media by name? If there were others, their names weren't mentioned. I'm not quite sure refusal to accept a breach of contract is a disciplinary matter.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    No. But wasn't Ozil the only player who was dragged through the media by name? If there were others, their names weren't mentioned. I'm not quite sure refusal to accept a breach of contract is a disciplinary matter.
    Exactly, he was being asked to voluntarily give up part of his agreed wages, it's the club who were asking players to break contracts

So Ozil told Mickey to stuff it and Mickey now won't pick him

All so very grown up really...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant wait for this time next year when we wont have to talk about this twat anymore. The company (Arsenal fc) has lost a significant part of its revenue due to the pandemic. The club could have legally in my mind pulled a force majeure clause and forced a pay cut on everyone including the players merely as an existential imperative. Ozil played the twat card because that is what he is and refused the cut that seemed perfectly reasonable to everyone else.

and people are lining up to defend him?.
    Billions of people around the world are forced to accept reduced of in some cases totally lost income and a man earning (sponging) £18m a year we should feel sorry for. ?
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Cant wait for this time next year when we wont have to talk about this twat anymore. The company (Arsenal fc) has lost a significant part of its revenue due to the pandemic. The club could have legally in my mind pulled a force majeure clause and forced a pay cut on everyone including the players merely as an existential imperative. Ozil played the twat card because that is what he is and refused the cut that seemed perfectly reasonable to everyone else.

and people are lining up to defend him?.
    Billions of people around the world are forced to accept reduced of in some cases totally lost income and a man earning (sponging) £18m a year we should feel sorry for. ?
    I know it's nuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's nuts.
    I think some people are trying to live their lives vicariously through him. Wishing they were him and in doing so say FU to the man (Arsenal). Totally stupid. Can a waiter or a cook sue a restaurant that sacks or halves their salaries in these times?. Look around you man, there are no diners!. Do you think as a business principle. The club should take out a loan or dip into its savings in order to pay Ozil. Is that how businesses operate?. Its been well reported that the Kroenkes personally made the cash available to buy Partey, that is good business, a company investing in its own future, but its still a loan. Sounds as if some would happily see the club driven to the wall while Ozil makes bank from his lounge chair.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How hard can it be to understand that Ozil did NOT simply refuse to take a pay cut. He actually offered to take a bigger pay cut, but he did ask for certain conditions like it guaranteeing no redundancies of non playing staff. The club refused
    I don’t think anyone comes out of this whole Ozil saga particularly well.
    I have to believe that if Ozil really wanted to he could be playing, if he’s not putting the effort in then that’s inexcusable. But it does also feel like Arteta and the club are sidelining him for petty reasons too.