User Tag List

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Non home grown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we limited to two that we can’t register?

Pretty certain it will be Özil and Sokratis. If it were up to me I’d ditch Kola instead of Sok and remove any trace of that Özil sphere of influence from the group, but we have about 700 CBs at the club, and Kola might be seen as more valuable as cover for Tierney, if plan to keep playing 4 at the back (though he’s log at it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the home grown rule only apply to English players or UK ? I would have expected Tinery to be classed as home grown but maybe not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    it was actually Gazidis who was largely responsible for that terrible Ozil deal

also i think Arteta was a much more refined player than Xhaka, who's just a big slow mroon who occasionally gets away with a long-range forward pass but can't defend to save his life
    Biggest issue with Xhaka is we’ve needed him to be our DM when he’s not really got the raw athleticism to cover the ground and beat the press - gets pressured into a lot of mistakes which end up being costly because of how deep he is. I wonder if we might now see him used a little further forward, if he has Partey alongside / behind him? Kind of how he plays for the Swiss with Zakaria behind him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie the Optimist View Post
    Does the home grown rule only apply to English players or UK ? I would have expected Tinery to be classed as home grown but maybe not
    Can be any nationality, as long as they’ve trained for at least 3 years at a club (or clubs) within the same national association between the ages of 15 and 21.

Luckily we signed Saliba last summer, so I think he just squeaks in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil and Sok.

P.S. To be brutally honest, I don't understand why we can't terminate Ozil's contract by mutual consent and pay him off, is that any different to excluding him in this way? aside from the fact we are telling him you are gone for good, go play Fortnite elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Ozil and Sok.

P.S. To be brutally honest, I don't understand why we can't terminate Ozil's contract by mutual consent and pay him off, is that any different to excluding him in this way? aside from the fact we are telling him you are gone for good, go play Fortnite elsewhere.
    I think mutual consent means both parties have to agree to a termination, like Mkhi who was on a big deal but knew he had no future here so he just made it easy for himself to move on by ending the deal with the club.

Ozil has made it clear he’s sticking around until his contract expires, which is most likely him sticking a middle finger up to the board. I think his Gunnersaurus message today confirms his omission isn’t really anything to do with football and more to do with a feud with those above.

He’s probably given up on his career anyway and the lack of interest shown in him is telling. It would cost an 18m lump sum to get rid of him which isn’t great for cash flow, so he’s sadly just going to remain the elephant in the room for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 06-10-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame, because he's the most talented player we have. I have a dim opinion of both Ozil and Arsenal on this one. There's enough cash floating around for people to just do their jobs. If egos are getting in the way of that then it's pretty much a big fuck-off to the people who pay the wages, the fansRwanda.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ozil cult fans are convinced its a political decision based on his China comments.

Personally I think its more likely he just isn't prepared to do what Arteta wants from all his players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people seem to think it’s also to do with him not agreeing to the covid pay cut, which undermined Arteta as it was him who requested the squad to do it.

Then again Emery never fancied him either, so maybe he’s just a bit shit and got away with being Wenger’s pet for so long.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 08-10-2020 at 07:16 AM.