User Tag List

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Non home grown

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    A lot of people seem to think it’s also to do with him not agreeing to the covid pay cut, which undermined Arteta as it was him who requested the squad to do it.

Then again Emery never fancied him either, so maybe he’s just a bit shit and got away with being Wenger’s pet for so long.
    From what I heard, Ozil wanted some assurance that the pay cut would guarantee no job losses.
    And they've made cuts anyway so as much as I think it's obscene how much footballers get at the best of time, especially when they weren't doing their jobs, I don't think he is entirely to blame here (as much as I slated him at the time).

Oh who knows what's going on but it does feel like the whole thing has been very badly mismanaged by Arsenal. A colleague speculated to me that Ozil has mental health issues. Possible. I guess in time we'll get various people's accounts and try and piece it together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think he just knows he's one of Arsenal's best players, he's won the World Cup so why should he prove that to anyone in training over and over again?

i get Arteta's trying to establish his authority but tbh he shouldn't have got involved with that pay cut issue and Letters is right, i think job gaurantees for Arsenal staff is what Ozil sought to have guarantees on and he's been proven to be right

i don't really like 'mental health issues' being bandied around all the time but it wouldn't surprise me if he's developed something of a bunker mentality given Ozil has come in for some stick re his being associated with Erdogan and also from Germany fans

Yes, Wenger did give him more freedom but let's not forget there were times udner Wenger that Ozil played extremely welll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be so glad to see the back of him.

A worldie on his day, that day was a long time ago.
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Selling optimism to fools KSE Comedy Club's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    From what I heard, Ozil wanted some assurance that the pay cut would guarantee no job losses.
    And they've made cuts anyway so as much as I think it's obscene how much footballers get at the best of time, especially when they weren't doing their jobs, I don't think he is entirely to blame here (as much as I slated him at the time).

Oh who knows what's going on but it does feel like the whole thing has been very badly mismanaged by Arsenal. A colleague speculated to me that Ozil has mental health issues. Possible. I guess in time we'll get various people's accounts and try and piece it together.
    So we are all agreed then

Rather than take that risk, Ozil offered to do nothing and keep 100% of his wages anyway.

What a cunt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds - although who knows really - that he wanted some assurances that if he took a pay cut then it would mean other staff wouldn't lose their jobs.
    Meanwhile the Arsenal powers that be sacked Gunnersaurus on the same day they activated Partey's £45m release clause

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post

So his offer to pay the dinosaur would fall in line with that thinking. The club has accepted the pay cuts, and then sacked the little guy. Ozil steps up and offers to pay the little guy, effectively taking a pay cut.

I'd rather it was done Ozil's way tbf.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I think any of this should have anything to do with what happens on the training ground and on the pitch. Whatever's going on, and whatever the degree attributable to Ozil's actions, it's an absurd failure by the club to have such a highly paid player sitting out his contract. I would think there must be something in a standard contract that allows the club to cut its losses if a player refuses to play. Or refuses to train. So what's going on? Why are we going into another season with this situation unresolved? Even if we'd loaned him out and offered to pay half the wages it would have solved this home grown issue and cut the wage bill. Why couldn't they even achieve that? Is there really no club out there that would refuse Ozil on half pay with no obligations?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure we could find a taker if we took most of the hit, however Ozil out of principle has decided to hold the club to his contract, which he is of course perfectly entitled to do. It’s pretty much a ‘fuck you’ as far as I can see, he knows he’s not in breach of contract so the club are powerless to do anything.

Apparently we want to reach a settlement with him but he won’t leave for a penny less than his contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Not that I think any of this should have anything to do with what happens on the training ground and on the pitch. Whatever's going on, and whatever the degree attributable to Ozil's actions, it's an absurd failure by the club to have such a highly paid player sitting out his contract. I would think there must be something in a standard contract that allows the club to cut its losses if a player refuses to play. Or refuses to train. So what's going on? Why are we going into another season with this situation unresolved? Even if we'd loaned him out and offered to pay half the wages it would have solved this home grown issue and cut the wage bill. Why couldn't they even achieve that? Is there really no club out there that would refuse Ozil on half pay with no obligations?
    he's not refusing to play or to train - Arteta's just too busy showing how big his willy is by sidelining him because he won't run around traffic cones for long enough

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I’m sure we could find a taker if we took most of the hit, however Ozil out of principle has decided to hold the club to his contract, which he is of course perfectly entitled to do. It’s pretty much a ‘fuck you’ as far as I can see, he knows he’s not in breach of contract so the club are powerless to do anything.

Apparently we want to reach a settlement with him but he won’t leave for a penny less than his contract.
    Do we know that for sure? I haven't been following it in any detail. Has Ozil stated he's holding the club to the contract on principle? Which, of course, is his right to do. When you see gash like Elneny on the pitch, when you see the general lack of creativity throughout the whole team, has Ozil really been so awful in training he can't break into this rather mediocre set up? Even as a benchwarmer for a non-event like the Europa or Cuckoo Cup? Ozil's pretty much destroying his career and reputation by doing this, if what you say is true. As a professional sportsman he's thrown all that aside, thrown his reputation in the bin, for some principle? What principle? What's his argument? Do we know?

Meanwhile, shouldn't somebody at the club have to explain why the highest paid player isn't involved in any way? I know they're not obliged to, but isn't it in their interests to explain if they aren't the ones causing the problem? It looks just as bad for them.
    Für eure Sicherheit