User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Non home grown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can think of quite a lot of reasons why he should follow his manager's instructions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Özil is employed by Arsenal Football club, why should he decide the financial strategy of the club? I mean he earns 350k per week to sit at home, I would have thought he’d keep his opinions to himself! 🤣
    Yeah but I didn't say Ozil should run the club's finances. I said he's entitled to know how the club is going to spend his money had he agreed to a pay cut. And he is. They could be buying yachts or ranches for all he knows.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozil is clearly content to Bogarde his way out of the club, talent is a waste of time with an attitude like that.

You can't really say we've missed him since we've adopted pubbing our way to victories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    but (FFS) he doesn't choose to sit at home, it's Arteta that's not picking him

Ozil would play every game if he was picked, but Arteta's clearly got the hump becuase Ozil can't be arsed running round traffic cones and why should he when he's got more talent in his little finger than 1,000 Xhakas?
    Look I’m in no way privy to what is going on with Özil and the club. From what we have seen in the media and some of it might be deliberately planted...I dunno. But the feeling amongst the past 3 managers (Emery, Freddie & Arteta) is that Özil doesn’t put in a shift, be it in training or in matches.

Ozil is without doubt a supremely talented player and one of the best of his generation, when he’s on it he is a world class player, but his last 3 managers have felt he is not on it and left him out.

Ozil is finished at Arsenal, his career is done here, it might be done completely.

Him posting on insta about the mascot was ridiculous, yes we all know there are problems between Özil and the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the club firing the mascot was far more ridiculous. It's tone deaf. As football executives and players battle about their share of billions in TV deals and contracts - an extra million here, a lost million there, a swelling trove of millions or the tragedy of a mere heap of millions when it could have been a mountain - the fucking mascot of 27 years gets sacked. Switches me off to the club even more than I already was. And football in general. I really can't think of a single person at that club, or any, to be admired. Can you?

Tell me, who is it the kids are supposed to be looking up to today? Is there one name from all of them?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auba - he's always smiling, always working for the team, always scoring goals, and re-signed to a club that isn't in the CL, thus harming his own career to be at a club he really likes

and yes yes he gets paid money - all footballers do, get with the programme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don't get with Gunnersaurus, may he rest in peace, is why he seemed to be in a second round of redundancies that only included him? Why not just sneak it in with everyone else at the start of the summer? At least that way you could have argued that, collectively, it added up to a saving of a couple of mil - now it just looks like a really petty move to save a poxy 30k.

Maybe he just got overlooked because he's in an obscure department of one or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree with Ozil sitting there and taking the money, however it's clear there some sort of issue and that he feels poorly treated by the the club as he's insisted he's not leaving and why should he he's under contract, he doesn't have to.

I also personally don't like Artetas player management, there was Martinelli of course who he was reluctant to play until he had little choice, he then produced some goals and very good displays and couldn't then be dropped, then lockdown happened and low and behold he's dropped again and then he gets injured.

The there's Pepe who cost us a lot of money and yet plays a bit part role, even though he's a goal threat.

Then there's Mustafi who he insisted on playing for a while and Luiz who he resigned despite his costly errors last season, it doesn't end there either now we have Saliba, a guy good enough to play in Ligue 1 where he was very highly rated (Spurs wanted him to) and is apparently very good indeed and cost us 30 million. Apparently he's not even good enough for the League cup or EL, but players like Holding, Luiz and Mustafi are, it's a shocker to be honest. Let's not forget his like for Xhaka either or the way he cut Guendouzi out completely.

Ozil doesn't play but then Arsenal is willing to accept a pay cut if it protects jobs (pretty admirable and clever if you ask me), he clearly doesn't trust the club, can't blame him either, the got rid of a number of low paid employees, then to add insult to injury, sack Gunnersaurus who had been there for 27 years and not long after pay Atletico 45 million (+agent fees and wages) to sign Partey.

Pretty low if you ask me, they could have even given Partey 249k a week instead of 250k a week and kept Gunnersaurus, Ozil then offers to pay the guys wage out of his salary (again pretty admirable) and the club then say "oh, he'll come back when fans come back" because they realised how bad they looked.

I don't agree with Ozil about sitting there and not playing as I said, but he was 100% in the right in the way he negotiated the possible pay cut and with what he offered to do for Gunnersaurus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Pretty low if you ask me, they could have even given Partey 249k a week instead of 250k a week and kept Gunnersaurus, Ozil then offers to pay the guys wage out of his salary (again pretty admirable) and the club then say "oh, he'll come back when fans come back" because they realised how bad they looked.
    What's Gunnersaurus's salary? A day of Ozil's pay a year tops? I think he might have just have muddled through.
    IMO he did that as a pop at the club.
    I don't blame Ozil entirely for this mess, there's definitely blame on both sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    I don't agree with Ozil sitting there and taking the money, however it's clear there some sort of issue and that he feels poorly treated by the the club as he's insisted he's not leaving and why should he he's under contract, he doesn't have to.

I also personally don't like Artetas player management, there was Martinelli of course who he was reluctant to play until he had little choice, he then produced some goals and very good displays and couldn't then be dropped, then lockdown happened and low and behold he's dropped again and then he gets injured.

The there's Pepe who cost us a lot of money and yet plays a bit part role, even though he's a goal threat.

Then there's Mustafi who he insisted on playing for a while and Luiz who he resigned despite his costly errors last season, it doesn't end there either now we have Saliba, a guy good enough to play in Ligue 1 where he was very highly rated (Spurs wanted him to) and is apparently very good indeed and cost us 30 million. Apparently he's not even good enough for the League cup or EL, but players like Holding, Luiz and Mustafi are, it's a shocker to be honest. Let's not forget his like for Xhaka either or the way he cut Guendouzi out completely.

Ozil doesn't play but then Arsenal is willing to accept a pay cut if it protects jobs (pretty admirable and clever if you ask me), he clearly doesn't trust the club, can't blame him either, the got rid of a number of low paid employees, then to add insult to injury, sack Gunnersaurus who had been there for 27 years and not long after pay Atletico 45 million (+agent fees and wages) to sign Partey.

I don't agree with Ozil about sitting there and not playing as I said, but he was 100% in the right in the way he negotiated the possible pay cut and with what he offered to do for Gunnersaurus.
    good summary, agree with all that