User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Reaction v Citeh (away).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were always going to lose. It's a top 6 away match, it's a loss. So why stick with the stopper we play in midfield, Xhaka? By stopper I mean he stops our game. All well and good Willian getting forward, or Pepe making a run, or Auba making space, but you know Xhaka will slow it down and look for the easiest pass. Same with Bellerin on all but the rarest of occasions (when he shows he's still capable going forward). We spend 45 mill and then leave the player on the bench. I know he just flew in, but he flew in from a bunch of Internationals like everyone else didn't he?

Stupid not to play him and see if we could open up the midfield a bit and connect back with front in a more creative manner. Recent record said we lost before we set foot on the pitch, so what else dod we have to lose? Is our new guy so inept he can't do a basic job in there yet? Doubt it. Still learning our system is he? What? Tip, tap?

Or if you don't play the new guy, at least play AMN instead of Pepe. Or bring AMN early when it's plain Pepe is getting zero joy. AMN wouldn't have lost the ball every 2 minutes. That, along with Xhaka's one speed gearbox made it so much easier for the gypos.

Keeper cost us too. You need a solid keeper, not just in terms of the flash saves, but also command of the box, basic handling, distribution - Leno can't do any of that.

Gypos weren't that good either, except when it counted, and they had players missing. Doesn't mean we should have beaten them by default, but it means we should try to avoid beating ourselves by persisting with stuff that just doesn't work.

Any positives brought by Arteta need to be offset against the unbelievably poor record we have against our major rivals - not all his record of course, but let's not have too many more of these results because that will make him part of the ongoing problem. That record needs to start turning around, encounter by encounter. It's not good enough to come away having avoided humiliation - that shouldn't even be considered as any sort of a measure. So this encounter showed we can stay in a game against these rivals for a while (we knew that), maybe even gain the upper hand for a short while (we knew that already). And then get cut to pieces and serve up a stupid assist through some basic error - we definitely knew that. That hasn't changed, and so the results remain the same.

We should be playing this tighter and more restrictive style against the teams we expect to beat, using it to grind them down and take advantage of the fact they can't hit us like a city or Liverpool can. And against our so-called superior rivals, we need to be playing with more ambition and giving it a go. Breaking the habit. I think the fans will tolerate a loss if we've pushed the opposition, far more than another tick in the loss column where we never looked like reversing the norm.

Was more of a chess match than a football match and Pep has better pieces. So tip the board over and then see what he does.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta needs to understand putting his faith in Bellerin and Xhaka will cost his career at Arsenal. I understand that they are our most senior Arsenal players atm, but they're not good enough, and should be spot players.

Bellerin like every FB under Wenger after Ashley and Lauren. Just hasn't developed and pretty much fizzled after his initial promising showing. Time for him to take a back seat, that should be AMN spot, he's never getting skinned like that.

Xhaka simply is not a good PL CM. Dude aint built for this league. Only thing he can do is occupy space, can't tackle, limited ball skills, not quick enough, not a ball winner,, limited range of passing.

He's essentially a defender, and not a good one either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta has stopped our defensive bleeding and I am grateful for that. However when I look at the progress Villa and Everton have made, I start asking what in the actual fuck is happening at our club.. we havent played attractive football since 2007/2008 season. Our games are boring af..

Also dont get the opinion that Partey purchase is going to solve our problems. He is just one of 11 players, and if these other 11 players havent made us play attractive football, Thomas aint bringing any party at the club. What a shit show.
    Arsene Wenger, the only football manager that got paid 8 million quid to do nothing but sit on his arse..