User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Rapid Vienna v Arsenal, 17:55 BST (22/10, BT Sport 2)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    They'd manage...

...and so would we...
    No proof. As usual.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    No proof. As usual.
    I'll find something on youtube...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    I'll find something on youtube...
    You mean Martinelli...?
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    I'm with him for the rest of the season because I'm hoping he's trying to coach the longstanding bad habits away. But if he doesn't open up and play some football then I'm done with it. And I'm not sure how the club will recover if I walk away.
    You'll judge him at the end of the season?
    What a stupid concept

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say he has already coached the bad habits away. Our stupidity now just comes from incessantly playing it out from the back, which isn't entirely the players fault because I'm sure they're just following instruction.

This is about as structured, stubborn and regimented as I've ever seen Arsenal play and I think it has become our identity now. Will it be enough to get us back into the CL? I'm not sure but I think we'll at least be in the mix because of it. It's stark contrast to Wenger's final season and Emery where we were just getting overrun and peppered, then just praying Auba or someone could bail us out. Now we don't actually give much away unless it is through unforced errors.

It's come at a price because there's nothing exciting about watching us play now, but if we were to be successful playing this way then I'm sure we'd make peace with it.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 23-10-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    I'd say he has already coached the bad habits away. Our stupidity now just comes from incessantly playing it out from the back, which isn't entirely the players fault because I'm sure they're just following instruction.

This is about as structured, stubborn and regimented as I've ever seen Arsenal play and I think it has become our identity now. Will it be enough to get us back into the CL? I'm not sure but I think we'll at least be in the mix because of it. It's stark contrast to Wenger's final season and Emery where we were just getting overrun and peppered, then just praying Auba or someone could bail us out. Now we don't actually give much away unless it is through unforced errors.
    but we're still hoping Auba will bail us out... which is hard when Arteta thinks Willian is a better choice at CF