User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sold the wrong keeper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gay Leno, amirite?

Obviously a complete balls up last night, but he doesn’t chuck them in every week.
    Bumping a thread like this every time he does make a mistake is pretty pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible mistake but the whole team have switched off as far as the league is concerned. Not going to blame him. The woeful attack, midfield and defence are just as responsible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this team is done for the season - nothing to play for in the league, half of them have contracts running down or know they’re going to be up for sale in the summer, our best players are all kids who aren’t getting any help or guidance from the seniors, which must be demoralising, and the whole lot of them must be looking at this last week feeling utterly embarrassed to represent this club.

I guess we’ll just have to hope that they have enough pride (or even motivated self-interest) left in them for another couple of EL games, but I won’t be holding my breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Gay Leno, amirite?

Obviously a complete balls up last night, but he doesn’t chuck them in every week.
    Bumping a thread like this every time he does make a mistake is pretty pathetic.
    Exactly. He is hardly Almunia MK2. We endured that farce for almost 5 seasons. Bottom line is we are not a very cohesive or incisive football team. We didnt score a goal. So we didnt even merit 1 point, Forget about the offside. It wasnt designed specifically to hobble Arsenal
    Arteta out!
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    Yeah, this team is done for the season - nothing to play for in the league, half of them have contracts running down or know they’re going to be up for sale in the summer, our best players are all kids who aren’t getting any help or guidance from the seniors, which must be demoralising, and the whole lot of them must be looking at this last week feeling utterly embarrassed to represent this club.

I guess we’ll just have to hope that they have enough pride (or even motivated self-interest) left in them for another couple of EL games, but I won’t be holding my breath.
    If we dont get either Laca or Auba back. We can kiss that tie off and end up kissing Unai Emery`s behind
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    If we dont get either Laca or Auba back. We can kiss that tie off and end up kissing Unai Emery`s behind
    I’m at the point where I’m not sure it would even do us any favours if we win it? Would you trust anyone at the club with a CL budget right now? All I see is bumper new contracts for Lacazette, Luiz, Xhaka, etc and overpaying for a couple of average signings because people will know we have money.

I want to see this club working smarter again, and I just don’t see that happening unless they’re forced into it. Josh’s statement at the fans’ forum [about how they have big plans for the club] worries me - really worries me - with the people we have in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Arteta's decision to play Laca in a meaningless league game not long after the second Sevilla game shows just what a poor manager he is, we should have wrapped him in cotton wool with just some sub appearances before the villareal game
    Last edited by Mac76; 24-04-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yes we did sell the wrong keeper, no question, Arteta, for all his 'non-negotiables' BS, showed misplaced loyalty, the best keeper should get the No. 1 spot, no other factor comes into it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am invisible View Post
    I’m at the point where I’m not sure it would even do us any favours if we win it? Would you trust anyone at the club with a CL budget right now? All I see is bumper new contracts for Lacazette, Luiz, Xhaka, etc and overpaying for a couple of average signings because people will know we have money.

I want to see this club working smarter again, and I just don’t see that happening unless they’re forced into it. Josh’s statement at the fans’ forum [about how they have big plans for the club] worries me - really worries me - with the people we have in charge.
    We’ve been operating with a CL budget in the years we’ve been out of it anyway. I remember Wenger or Gazidis saying in 2017 we had factored in not qualifying for a year or 2 but I don’t think anyone at the club expected us to go 5 seasons without qualification. Feels like the more we double down, the worse it’s got.

This club is such a mess on and off the pitch. It would be somewhat palatable if we had a team we could be proud of but this is undoubtedly the worst Arsenal team in a generation. Without the young players input we’d probably be hovering above the relegation zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    We’ve been operating with a CL budget in the years we’ve been out of it anyway. I remember Wenger or Gazidis saying in 2017 we had factored in not qualifying for a year or 2 but I don’t think anyone at the club expected us to go 5 seasons without qualification. Feels like the more we double down, the worse it’s got.

This club is such a mess on and off the pitch. It would be somewhat palatable if we had a team we could be proud of but this is undoubtedly the worst Arsenal team in a generation. Without the young players input we’d probably be hovering above the relegation zone.
    Someone has to get a grip on the contracts situation - that’s where most of our woes stem from. Leaving aside the way they’ve hamstrung us in the transfer market, the fact that they’re too expensive to renew without CL football (bar one or two exceptions) is causing way too much friction. Every year we end up with a large group of players who are down to their final years, and once it becomes apparent that they won’t be getting a new deal we lose them - their effort and commitment goes out the window and then they start to become disruptive. Every year that goes by with the same players the situation gets worse, the players get harder to manage, and we slide a little further as a club.

This is one of the big reasons why changing Arteta’s role to manager was such a terrible decision: as a coach, if a player came to him asking about a new contract, he could rightly hold his hands up and say “Look, I’ll do what I can, but it’s out of my hands” - even if it was a total lie, you still maintain credibility with the players; as manager, though, he has a direct say on who gets a new deal and who doesn’t, so they know damn well he’s part of the reason that they’re not getting renewed. How can you ever expect to get a performance out of those players when you need one in those circumstances? How can you expect to maintain a happy, unified group?