User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (home).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't concede 13, so I'm happy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VAR is just a better way to cheat.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awful, as predictable as night following day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen the goal again, Mustafi is caught ball watching for the 1000th time in his Arsenal career. Can't wait for the likes of him and Kola to leave next summer. Utterly useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Just seen the goal again, Mustafi is caught ball watching for the 1000th time in his Arsenal career. Can't wait for the likes of him and Kola to leave next summer. Utterly useless.
    Don't count your chickens.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was Tierney injured? Otherwise thats a really bizarre decision to sub him and drop Xhaka in to left back. Probably cost us the goal as I think Tierney would have dealt with the run from their winger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Ozil will add a bit of creaiv...er, oh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The football has never been great with Arteta but we’ve managed to get by with being more organised which has given a bit of an illusion of improvement, however the bottom line is that results have mostly been the same mixed bag they were before he arrived. Anyone got his league record? Would like to see it because I’m sure it doesn’t make for particularly good reading.

There have been plenty of narrow wins for us which could have gone the other way and it’s no surprise the games we do lose are also in the same vein. That’s just what happens when you place all your stock in what happens at the back and neglect how you can do some damage in the final third.

I think it’s been evident for some time now what kind of coach Arteta is. Safety first, methodical and basically dull as dishwater. His supporters will say oh this is what Arsenal needed which is true to some extent but results aren’t much better, so it means nothing. He’s not my cup of tea but of course I respect the fact he won the cup playing like this and he may even do the same again this season, but I’m not going to pretend there’s anything enjoyable about watching us play anymore.

Oh well. On to Old Trafford for another sit deep and hoof masterclass. Maybe we can pub something if any of the forwards can be bothered to turn up.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 25-10-2020 at 10:21 PM.

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Next week it'll all be different.
    Come on, you know that just isn’t true.

There appears to be no reason why Arsenal will improve. Rodgers outhought Arteta. Arsenal had sufficient chances to have put the game to bed by half time. But didn’t.

Quite clear that putting Vardy on would have tested the defence at some point. Said defence just opened up like a whore’s jaw.

I watched the last time Arsenal lost at home to Leicester. It was 1973, 0-2.

Arsenal were shit then, as now. Improve? They might, but I’m not expecting it for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if arteta is up to the job of making us a CL team. Defensively we have improved alot but at the expense of attack. It seems either or at the moment. Anyway still plenty of tricky games coming up united leed villa wolves. Although unitrd havent won at home this season.