User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leicester (home).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    Having watched a fair amount of this utter shit show that is branded the best league in the world, I think we probably can scrape top 4. Which is an insult, btw.

Anyone who can't get top 4 is utter, utter, utter, shit.
    We aint getting top 4. Simples.
    8th is the realistic shout.
    Auba has done an Ozil. Nice fat contract, now he can't be arsed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    We aint getting top 4. Simples.
    8th is the realistic shout.
    Auba has done an Ozil. Nice fat contract, now he can't be arsed.
    Our style of play is so shatteringly negative Auba can't get a look in. I don't think Fat Ronaldo would get a goal in our set up. So I'm not writing him off yet. But it's true, he's dropped about 7 million levels since he signed da ting. He was the only one making us look good, through his own individual efforts.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now if Arteta is adamant on playing Dani, Xhaka, and Bellerin. Then he has to drop Lacazette and play Auba in the middle. Cause with those 3 we are not creating chances. And Laca is a guy that needs multiple chances to score.

Now I'm understanding why Wenger didn't play him much

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laca is not the root of all our problems. The games we have played without him have been just as terrible. Eddie cannot play at this level, thats plain as day. The only player that is better than him is Martinelli. What we keep seeing is the same shite that Wenger played for his last 10 years. When the winger goes out to make a cross, be it Saka or Tierney. No one in the middle makes the gamble. If the cross comes in tight, our players will hang back. if the cross is a cutback we are all hogging the penalty box. What do the clown do in training?
    This is all down to the dufus we hired as manager. Dull unimaginative player playing dull, unimaginative football. 8CBs at the club and somehow Mustafi still gets a game, Willian comes in and makes absolutely no difference, Same with Partey. its mind boggling
    Make 2mrw better than 2day

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our style of play is so shatteringly negative Auba can't get a look in. I don't think Fat Ronaldo would get a goal in our set up. So I'm not writing him off yet. But it's true, he's dropped about 7 million levels since he signed da ting. He was the only one making us look good, through his own individual efforts.
    Our play is such a basic level of crap a striker as good as him doesn’t even see the ball. He just has to chase it around like a donkey when it’s played forward and hope he latches onto something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globalgunner View Post
    Laca is not the root of all our problems. The games we have played without him have been just as terrible. Eddie cannot play at this level, thats plain as day. The only player that is better than him is Martinelli. What we keep seeing is the same shite that Wenger played for his last 10 years. When the winger goes out to make a cross, be it Saka or Tierney. No one in the middle makes the gamble. If the cross comes in tight, our players will hang back. if the cross is a cutback we are all hogging the penalty box. What do the clown do in training?
    This is all down to the dufus we hired as manager. Dull unimaginative player playing dull, unimaginative football. 8CBs at the club and somehow Mustafi still gets a game, Willian comes in and makes absolutely no difference, Same with Partey. its mind boggling
    all true but maybe we do just need to give Partey another game or two ...?

i actually thought he added something to our spine in terms fo beign strong and being able to keep and pass the ball (mostly accurately), what i didn;t see was anythign very creative from him, but it's early days.

however Arteta needs to stop chopping and changing and play Saka, Auba and Pep as a front three for a set of at least five matches to see if they can build an understnading

not sure why everyone's suddenly on ceballos' case either - i don't think he's the issue though i agree he wasn't great yesterday.

but that happens when you're losing faith in the coach and the system

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my own defence, there was a degree of sarcasm to be implied.
    I thought you might say that. This is not the time for sarcasm, just a cold, hard look at what a piss-poor state the side has got itself to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we are now seeing is a coach who is in the early stages of his career.

I am not going to say Arteta doesn't know what he is doing and I am prepared to give him time but it's on him now.

He brought in 3 very good players this summer who are all legit first XI players who should / have to a certain extent improved the team.

Our performances are still disjointed, and our problem has now moved from being a defensive problem to an offensive one.

I think given the FA Cup win and expectations after our relatively successful transfer window writing off top 4 this season is not an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta definitely knows what he’s doing. Rookie he may be but this about as regimented as I’ve ever seen us play. He’s got them doing what he wants, the only difference at the moment is that Auba isn’t pulling goals out of his arse.

We need to start playing through the centre more, without the full backs helping out we don’t have another way of making things happen with any conviction.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 26-10-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The midfield didn't work at all. Xhaka just dropped into that left back area and Ceballos seemed to be under instruction to play quite wide on the right. Would much prefer to see Partey and Ceballos as a pair.