Thread: Match Reaction v Dundalk (home)

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Match Reaction v Dundalk (home)

Easy.

Willock did well, Nketiah bundled in a goal but overall, not so good.

Lovely strike from Pepe with his right leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was good to see Nelson playing more of his natural game from his youth days, with the flashes of skilful movement and quick passing, rather than the robotic workhorse he’s seemingly become since he got into the first team squad.

Eddie is not a PL striker. I hate to go in on him because he’s young and one of our own but we can’t seriously consider him a viable option moving forward. His movement isn’t great for a striker and he doesn’t really have any technical qualities to speak about. I’m sure most of his goals for us have just been scraps like we saw tonight. Nothing against being a fox in the box but the players famed for that still always have more about them. I just can’t see him ever being prolific enough at this level, he’s only a year younger than Rashford and look at the difference there.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 30-10-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen anythign special in Eddie.

Of course we all like to see one of our own doing well, but he just doesn't have it in him.

Martinelli, on the other hand...
    NOTE: The location of this post has been moved and the thread title (which was previously Wenger is Leaving) has been manipulated by a notorious pro-Wenger moderator. What was previously a message that contained no profanity and made a comment on a real life event has now been manipulated by a deliberately provocative title. An old and crude propaganda and censorship technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MO - Glad to hear that about Nelson, if Arteta can get him back to his U23 form he be a real asset and on Eddie, while i didn't watch last night that's been my view of him too for a while now - a shame, was at that game when h came on and got two against Norwich in the League Cup, but he's not pushed on from there