User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Villa (home)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arteta is pretty honest in post match interview which is something, hopefully he can find a way to improve us offensively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    Arteta is pretty honest in post match interview which is something, hopefully he can find a way to improve us offensively.
    I find him very impressive when he talks.
    And there have been some signs of being a bit more organised, it seems like Arteta has more of a plan.
    But it's not working well. We are a bit more organised in defence but completely toothless up front.
    None of our strikers would get in Spurs' team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m conflicted. I want to dislike him because of what we’re seeing on the pitch but he’s always open and honest when he speaks, he knows where we are and doesn’t try to sugar coat it and I like that.

His tactics are just not good enough by any measure and I think the benefit of the doubt period is long gone now. He’s not just working with the Emery scraps anymore, this team is moulding itself into his image and it doesn’t look like a team that’s going to make any great strides in the league. Mainly because inexplicably any attacking threat we once had has evaporated into thin air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    I find him very impressive when he talks.
    And there have been some signs of being a bit more organised, it seems like Arteta has more of a plan.
    But it's not working well. We are a bit more organised in defence but completely toothless up front.
    None of our strikers would get in Spurs' team
    I know we have to give Arteta time, however, I just dont feel he is good enough for Arsenal. We needed someone with more experience. We are miles away from the top 4, bloody miles. None of our players would get into the Spuds team, let alone the strikers. Spuds, City and Liverpool in the mix to win the league this year, just to make it even more depressing. FFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    I know we have to give Arteta time, however, I just dont feel he is good enough for Arsenal.
    me neither

maybe he would be in five years but we shouldn't have taken the risk on a rookie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just saw this on twitter: "It's actually six hours and 26 minutes since Arsenal last scored a goal from open play in the Premier League."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    just saw this on twitter: "It's actually six hours and 26 minutes since Arsenal last scored a goal from open play in the Premier League."

Rubbish. We weren’t even playing at 5pm today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about 6 hours since the last goal in open play, but the rest of it has been going on for a decade now. One step forward, two back. Except in our style of play, which is now 3 steps back. It's the whole culture of the club, from the ground up. There's a second rate and second best mentality all around the place which, IMO, set like concrete when everyone allowed Wenger away with his top 4 trophy. We went from battling it out for the title, to not really having much of a shot but still getting 4th safely enough, to having no prayer at all and scraping 4th. And then the inevitable trend saw us become a Europa club. And it'll just keep trending down.

Even now, some fans say getting 4th would be a sign of progress. No it wouldn't. It would be meaningless if we were still playing tip tap shite with nailed on failures at every significant hurdle. We wouldn't be in the CL to win, we'd just be making up the numbers.

Until the club, the players and the fans all resolve that the goal is to win the title and to CL and the FA Cup and every last competition we play in, no excuses, then nothing's going to change and we'll be mid table because mid table teams accept their position. They also tell their fans to be realistic, despite Leicester actually showing them all that anything is possible if you want it enough.

We might not win every match, every competition, everything - though some clubs seem to be able to manage it, so it's not impossible. But we can't be hearing any more shit about striving to be also-rans in the CL. Either we're a "big" club or we're not. If we're not then fine, settle down and accept this is normal. Otherwise play matches like we mean to win them, rather than fucking around to ensure we don't lose. At the top level of sport there's no no place and no time for a loser's attitude. And that's what we've had for a decade or more. Play the kids and let them play. Can't be any worse than what we've been seeing and there doesn't seem to be any other plan.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know who is going to call time on this gifted rookie experiment. The team is completely incompetent at its basic functions. Scoring goals. He has Lacazette fighting for the ball in midfield and the wingers firing balls in to players who are nowhere near the box. No possession in midfield and no shots on target ever. We will be lucky to avoid relegation at this rate. I pray it doesn't take a home humiliation against the Spuds to see the obvious.
    Last edited by Globalgunner; 09-11-2020 at 06:56 AM.
    Make 2mrw better than 2day