User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Match Reaction v Leeds (away)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    More importantly, X amount of seasons not winning it when we could have and should have.
    Actually think Wenger failing to win a CL is one of his big failings.
    That side from 2002-2004 was one of the best club sides I've ever seen. The failure to win in Europe or retain a title is a black mark on his record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Actually think Wenger failing to win a CL is one of his big failings.
    That side from 2002-2004 was one of the best club sides I've ever seen. The failure to win in Europe or retain a title is a black mark on his record.
    the year we lost to chelsea when Porto won. that was ridiculous. we should have cleaned up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    the year we lost to chelsea when Porto won. that was ridiculous. we should have cleaned up.
    We looked the best team in Europe that season by a country mile.

That Chelsea defeat really hurt TBH, I geniuenly thought we were going to do the PL / CL double that season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    We looked the best team in Europe that season by a country mile.

That Chelsea defeat really hurt TBH, I geniuenly thought we were going to do the PL / CL double that season.
    We'd just payed 400 matches in 15 minutes. We were knackered. I seem to recall we'd challenged the fixture list and the league said fuck off. And didn't we have Liverpool the match before? Or in that sequence at least. So we went into our 401st game and you could actually see us running out of steam as the minutes progressed. Not an excuse, but a factor. We were dead on our feet by the time they scored that second goal. You need a good team and good luck to win that tournment. Or cheating refs, which is the wat Barca and Real prefer.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine telling fans then that 16 years later we’d be a team lucky to have one shot on target in a match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Imagine telling fans then that 16 years later we’d be a team lucky to have one shot on target in a match.
    It's called sustainability. The great plan that would use FFP to catapult us above our rivals without having to spend a penny. A catastrophic and utterly unrealistic plan concocted by Kroenke and Wenger once Dein had been forced out, because it suited Wenger's ego and Kroekne's pocket. We're still paying the price to this day and will be for decades more. We've seen how long to takes to come back. Even the gypos, with billions, took time to make an impact.

Two stupid men did this.
    Für eure Sicherheit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall_Quinn View Post
    It's called sustainability. The great plan that would use FFP to catapult us above our rivals without having to spend a penny. A catastrophic and utterly unrealistic plan concocted by Kroenke and Wenger once Dein had been forced out, because it suited Wenger's ego and Kroekne's pocket. We're still paying the price to this day and will be for decades more. We've seen how long to takes to come back. Even the gypos, with billions, took time to make an impact.

Two stupid men did this.
    Conspiracy theories once again

Raul's corruption and the Kronekes' ignorance of football (causing them to place their trust initially in Raul) are to blame

Plus two sh*t managers in Emery and Arteta

I still say there's enough players at the club who are good enough to get us challenging for top 4, but they"re all going to seed one by one, the latest being Auba

It's no coincidence that the better and keener players are some of the newer additions to the first team - Saka, Tierney, Gabriel and Willock haven't become jaded yet, but it's only a matter of time

They need to sack Arteta soon and get in someone who knows what they're doing (and that 100% is not Poncetino btw)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken record update - it's our worst start for 39 years

Arteta

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said we might be going places with Arteta and they were right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac76 View Post
    Conspiracy theories once again

Raul's corruption and the Kronekes' ignorance of football (causing them to place their trust initially in Raul) are to blame

Plus two sh*t managers in Emery and Arteta

I still say there's enough players at the club who are good enough to get us challenging for top 4, but they"re all going to seed one by one, the latest being Auba

It's no coincidence that the better and keener players are some of the newer additions to the first team - Saka, Tierney, Gabriel and Willock haven't become jaded yet, but it's only a matter of time

They need to sack Arteta soon and get in someone who knows what they're doing (and that 100% is not Poncetino btw)
    Why not Poch, out of curiosity? You do have an intense dislike for him.

He picked up a Spurs team going nowhere and turned them into one hell of a unit before it ran out of steam. I don’t particularly care about the no trophy thing right now because we’re a million miles from where we want to be and we’ve unfortunately proven that winning a cup is no measure of progress anyway.

Highly unlikely to happen but I would personally be ok with him if that’s the road we went down.

All I want to see is a fully functioning and moderately entertaining team. Everything else can come after that.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 29-11-2020 at 11:15 PM.