User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are we getting carried away with the doom and gloom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Arteta has come out to support Xhaka, it's an absolute joke considering how this guy criticised Pepe, it's double standards again as it was with Willian, the sooner this chump is sacked the better, he's an absolute joke of a manager!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55316020
    Spot on. Its laugable really - and the Arteta regime was supposed to be a meritocricy

My theory is that Arteta is in thrall to his senior players because he thinks he needs them to help manage the team - when they are the very ones most stinking the place up.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Özim View Post
    Arteta has come out to support Xhaka, it's an absolute joke considering how this guy criticised Pepe, it's double standards again as it was with Willian, the sooner this chump is sacked the better, he's an absolute joke of a manager!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55316020
    It wouldn't be so bad if Xhaka actually contributed to the team but he has been absolute dogshit from day one. Arteta not only sucks as a coach, he can't even manage the players fairly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    It wouldn't be so bad if Xhaka actually contributed to the team but he has been absolute dogshit from day one. Arteta not only sucks as a coach, he can't even manage the players fairly.
    Arseblog has pointed out today that while the likes of Gabriel and Pepe apologised for red cards that weren't anything like as unforgivable as Xhaka's behaviour, there has been a deafening silence from him; and that this points to disparity in the team. He makes the point that Xhaka is the cornerstone of the culture we need to move away from if the club is going to progress, and he is right. I never want to see this prick in an Arsenal shirt again, and the fact that Arteta will undoubtedly pick him again once he has served his ban sums up my disillusionment with our manager.
    Putting the laughter back into manslaughter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBK View Post
    Arseblog has pointed out today that while the likes of Gabriel and Pepe apologised for red cards that weren't anything like as unforgivable as Xhaka's behaviour, there has been a deafening silence from him; and that this points to disparity in the team. He makes the point that Xhaka is the cornerstone of the culture we need to move away from if the club is going to progress, and he is right. I never want to see this prick in an Arsenal shirt again, and the fact that Arteta will undoubtedly pick him again once he has served his ban sums up my disillusionment with our manager.
    I've felt that way about Xhaka from about six months in from his starting with us - he showed some promise at the start but quickly was exposed as a slow clumsy f****r with a bad attitude on the pitch, but what's become ever clearer since is that his one talent appears to be sucking up to the manager and being the teachers' pet.

the contrast between the way he's treated and the way players like Guen, Oxil and Pepe have been treated is unbelieveable

i'd love to see a proper manager with balls come in and tell him to do one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on. Its laugable really - and the Arteta regime was supposed to be a meritocricy

My theory is that Arteta is in thrall to his senior players because he thinks he needs them to help manage the team - when they are the very ones most stinking the place up.
    The irony is some of the senior players he has backed to the hilt (Luiz & Willian) are now allegedly conspiring against him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner23 View Post
    The irony is some of the senior players he has backed to the hilt (Luiz & Willian) are now allegedly conspiring against him.
    Chelsea players are masters at getting managers ousted - it would be ironic if those useless has-beens Luiz and Willian help us get rid of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, we are on the same page IBK, totally agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours that Martinelli could be in the squad tomorrow as not involved with the U23s tonight. That would be a big boost to have him back.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly but it is 9 on the bench now, so it might be just for the numbers.

Arteta was speaking enthusiastically about him though so hopefully he'll be involved very soon.

Administrator McNamara That Ghost...'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems we were underplaying it.