User Tag List

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we getting carried away with the doom and gloom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caught bits and pieces of todays game and same as it ever was.

We have major problems now IMO, 3 home defeats on the trot against sides around our level. Sad stuff....

Nothing more to say really...apart from this season is worse than last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer the question in the thread title: no, we're not...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

We have major problems now IMO, 3 home defeats on the trot against sides around our level. Sad stuff....

Cheer up.

It’s not as bad as next season.
    If you don’t send this signature to ten people, you will become a Spurs fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post

3 sides around our level and we're talking about Leicester, Aston Villa and Wolves.

Sign of the times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    3 sides around our level and we're talking about Leicester, Aston Villa and Wolves.

Sign of the times.
    Think leicester and wolves might be insulted by that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhaka Can’t View Post
    Cheer up.

It’s not as bad as next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a browse on Twitter to gauge the general consensus and it seems like Arteta does still have support. Most people are asking for patience which I can appreciate, however I’d say exchange for that patience there has to be some sign of progress but we’re quite clearly moving backwards with no plan to stop the slide.

People also like to point at Klopps early months at Liverpool but he was a seasoned coach with titles to his name and had a pretty defined way of playing. I have no idea what Arteta has done other than organise us a little better, which is surely the absolute bare minimum for any coach? Even then I’d question how organised we actually are given the latest evidence.

I don’t really believe Arteta knows the strengths and weaknesses of his players and that has contributed to producing the most disjointed Arsenal team I’ve ever seen. No chemistry, guile or any kind of skill out there. The players look like strangers to one another.

Only hope I have left is that Partey turns out to be a worldie that transforms us, other than that I don’t see anything in this team that makes me believe we can even finish in the top half let alone top 6.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 30-11-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bookies have us as one of the favourite's for promotion next year so maybe not that bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Had a browse on Twitter to gauge the general consensus and it seems like Arteta does still have support. Most people are asking for patience which I can appreciate, however I’d say exchange for that patience there has to be some sign of progress but we’re quite clearly moving backwards with no plan to stop the slide.

People also like to point at Klopps early months at Liverpool but he was a seasoned coach with titles to his name and had a pretty defined way of playing. I have no idea what Arteta has done other than organise us a little better, which is surely the absolute bare minimum for any coach? Even then I’d question how organised we actually are given the latest evidence.

I don’t really believe Arteta knows the strengths and weaknesses of his players and that has contributed to producing the most disjointed Arsenal team I’ve ever seen. No chemistry, guile or any kind of skill out there. The players look like strangers to one another.

Only hope I have left is that Partey turns out to be a worldie that transforms us, other than that I don’t see anything in this team that makes be believe we can even finish in the top half let alone top 6.
    i agree, when you look at other PL teams (apart from Fulham and Bumley obvs) they have a plan and the team know what they are doing - they see us floundering about and know we're there for the taking

Arteta's messed about a lot with certain players (normally the better ones) and also formations but then stuck to morons like Xhaka

I hate Xhaka so much - it's obvious he sucks up to the boss in training and likes to play captain and it works with a new weak manager - you've got to hope an experienced successful manager would say "whatever, you're sh*t, go away"

Auba must feel like a prize fool right now - personally I wanted him to stay but if I was him I would definitely have gone to a CHampions League club - he's been suckered into staying

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me is still trying to cling to "he needs some time".
    I mean, he talks a good game and he did win us the Cup. But right now he is managing to make a group of mostly good players look very ordinary.
    The sides we face don't have better players, but they are a better team.
    It'll be a miracle if Spurs don't wipe the floor with us next weekend