User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Match Burial v Spuds (away).

New Signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At The Coaches’ Voice, we work together with the greatest minds in football to provide entertaining, educational and impartial content for all football fans. We also employ a number of professional coaches to carry out tactical analysis and player scouting. A disappointing afternoon at White Hart Lane, but we hope you find our analysis informative.
    https://www.coachesvoice.com/tactica...m-2-arsenal-0/
    Thank you,
    The Coaches’ Voice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letters View Post
    Right. But the assertion was that Wenger was so bad that anyone would do better. Well we've had 2 anyones now and look where we are
    Yes you are right Letters if that is what you want to here! I was personally at breaking point with Wenger in his latter years, he wasn't even trying to improve the team for christ sake.

True, but you can't hammer Wenger for the collapses we used to see under him and then excuse the one we saw under Emery. I'll agree the early part of Emery's time with us was promising, even the collapse at the end...it was a bit Wengery, but the end result was some improvement and a base to build on. But then the next season it all went to shit.
    I said Emery should be fired after our collapse.

True, Wenger's European record was pretty awful.
    Yep, it was embarrassing given some of the teams he had at his disposal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger had to go but he left a pretty poor culture at the club. That goes for all the hierarchy at the time too, it wasn’t just Wenger.

What happened under Emery is now happening with Arteta. A few game raising performances to save face then swiftly back into a comfort zone. These players who constantly let us down always seem to worm their way back in.

The whole thing stinks of mediocrity and if we’re not careful we could find ourselves drifting for the best part of a decade.

Soon enough we will not be able to continue paying CL wages to entice players here and when that happens it’s game over.
    Last edited by Marc Overmars; 07-12-2020 at 12:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Overmars View Post
    Wenger had to go but he left a pretty poor culture at the club. That goes for all the hierarchy at the time too, it wasn’t just Wenger.

What happened under Emery is now happening with Arteta. A few game raising performances to save face then swiftly back into a comfort zone. These players who constantly let us down always seem to worm their way back in.

The whole thing stinks of mediocrity and if we’re not careful we could find ourselves drifting for the best part of a decade.

Soon enough we will not be able to continue paying CL wages to entice players here and when that happens it’s game over.
    Winning isn’t everything.

We even had Gazidis poking fun at Man City when they were winning everything domestically, yet he was handing out long contracts to players we didn’t need to keep and letting our best players run down their contracts.

The writing was on the wall.

What we have now is a mess of a structure, a rookie manager chasing “ambitious” targets and securing some of them to his credit. He has no idea what to do with them though. I would not trust Arteta to oversee this rebuild, sorry but I’ve seen enough now, we are in crisis.

If Arteta wants to be judged, it should be on a RESULTS only basis from now on, he got us in this mess, he has to get us out of it if we remain committed to him.
    Last edited by selassie; 07-12-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    both Arteta and Emery, the teams in the early days would press and harrass the defenders. this saw an improvement in the results. but after a while the players revert to type. at least if you chase a lost cause at least you look like you are trying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by selassie View Post
    Yes you are right Letters if that is what you want to here!
    It is!

More seriously. I'd be first to admit I was too patient with Wenger and got onto the "Wenger Out" bandwagon too late. I wish he'd gone after that last FA Cup, the last season was painful.
    I just never bought into the more extreme views about him.

The best thing about any new manager is that they're not Wenger, in the sense that they don't have that legacy or history with us and thus are easier to move on from.
    I wasn't wild on Arteta but he was talking a good game and showed some early promise but now it's just rancid. We need a proper football manager in and quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is!

More seriously. I'd be first to admit I was too patient with Wenger and got onto the "Wenger Out" bandwagon too late. I wish he'd gone after that last FA Cup, the last season was painful.
    I just never bought into the more extreme views about him.

The best thing about any new manager is that they're not Wenger, in the sense that they don't have that legacy or history with us and thus are easier to move on from.
    I wasn't wild on Arteta but he was talking a good game and showed some early promise but now it's just rancid. We need a proper football manager in and quickly.
    unless the project with Arteta is to bring the academy players through and he is given scope with that... although playing willian all the time does kinda go against the grain.

i always thought willian was a good player at Chelsea and wasnt unhappy that we brought him in. but he has been utter garbage. perhaps its time to bite the bullet in the league and use the league to blood new players and the Europa league to give it a go. although way things are heading Real and PSG could be in the Europa league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=selassie;4529811]On a temporary basis to get us out of this mess, I wouldn't have him long term.

This.
    Any decent Manager would have a better chance in sorting this mess out. There would also be a temporary bounce back.

Is it just me that is worried about a relegation battle?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
    Is it just me that is worried about a relegation battle?
    It isn't, but I think it's a bit early to be ringing that alarm bell.
    Couple of wins and things will feel very different. Hard to see where the next goal, let alone win, is going to come from, but things can and often do change quickly in football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't, but I think it's a bit early to be ringing that alarm bell.
    Couple of wins and things will feel very different. Hard to see where the next goal, let alone win, is going to come from, but things can and often do change quickly in football.
    i really was worried about relegation last season when things got so bad under Emery - it somehow seems even worse now, as Emery felt more sackable than Arteta who's been made full manager etc - the club's basically bet the farm on the guy

if we do get rid of Arteta i agree 100% we should just bring in someone experienced just for the rest of the season - basically give them a chance to prove they should be considered for the full job.

I wouldn't mind if they offered Arteta the assistant post but i'm sure he wouldn't take it